• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chipj4
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Frontier Gear View Post
    It's the forest Camo Ripple. They offered it for a short time. I'm not sure if they offer it every so often or if it was a once only type of deal.
    I guess that is better for me. I would be too tempted to spend more money just to put something into that stock. Sweet looking rifle man.

Comment

• Taz575
      Warrior
      • Jul 2018

I have a BRN-1 MDT Chassis for my Howa Mini. It is nice for a target set up, but I use the factory stock for hunting. I added in some steel epoxy putty and aluminum channel to the forend to stiffen it so a bipod or shooting sticks wouldn't let the stock hit the barrel. Another member here, CWLongshot, used some carbon fiber tubes epoxied into the forend to achieve similar results in another rifle, so there are ways that are easy enough to do to stiffen the forend up a bit without adding a ton of weight. The epoxy and aluminum channel I used added around 1/2# to the stocks weight over the factory weight. I just ordered a Bell and Carlson stock for mine for hunting, so my stiffened factory stock may be up for sale soon. The Chassis is already up for sale since my CZ 527 MTR should be here soon and that will be my target Grendel.

Comment

• rookie7
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2018

Picked up the rifle Thursday.

First impressions:

Overall "quality" is better than the Ruger American Ranch rifle it is replacing. I do not have any accuracy reports - waiting on dies, bullets, ammo, scope mount, etc.

The Ruger's function and accuracy was fine, but the Howa seems a tad more "refined".

The #6 contour "heavy barrel"? Not in my opinion. It's a magnum sporter at best. I'm glad I bought this profile over there sporter or lightweight contour.

I will cut the length of pull for my daughter, texture the grip and forearm, bed a carbon arrow shaft into the forearm, and free float the barrel.

Comment

Working...
        X