• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cwlongshot
    Warrior
    • Mar 2018

Re visiting here.

Looking into Jefferson as Im considering a second Mini HB as a range gun.

I still enjoy my DIP just not TG shape. Just re scoped with a awesome Hawke 3-12x56 optic. Might be my perfect hunting scope.

Anyhow. Jefferson is out of stock just mow. Just emailed lookkng for ETA.

Merry Christmas folks.

CW

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

I have both jefferson/hokey's bottom kits, the hinged and cz mag conversion. Both awesome, the hinged is the best most consistent feeding imo for all 4, weighs about 3 oz (same as factory bottom garbage/mag), the cz with mag is about 4 oz heavier and is a little stiff on first round or two then gets easier as you go and very light at the tail end. Both of mine feed great. I found the mag release on the cz kit a little long and for hunting I just shortened it up so it's harder to find/bump, that's about the only thing I could suggest to look at on that. My fav is the hinged bottom but glad I have both, I think for kids, in/out of truck type stuff and even scope on the detach mag makes more sense for kids. When I was running a red dot on it and had full open bridge the hinged is money...it actually loads super easy from top as well.

I suggest everyone buys both...

Hokey...I'll get you my email so you can send me a few points of the profits.

ps on cz mags, one can help things with spring and polishing feed lips to ease the first couple round feeding...so not really a thing...just was able to point out differences between them since I have both
      Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 12-21-2023, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• cwlongshot
        Warrior
        • Mar 2018

I have a 20moa Rail and am concerned about top load. Yea I could open dump in and close. But thats been hit or miss on other rifles so not a reliable
        Option.
        BUT, I dont "need" this rail and have purchased a few Talley bases as Dinny mentions. These are very good and being separate front and back, as well as solid base rings... The pluses are VERY GOOD! Weight savings, room to load, better then Pic for movement.

Comment

• cwlongshot
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

I got a email back from Jefferson and was able to grab a hinged floorplate Bottom Metal!

Interestingly, I also just checked tge Med and ext High Tally Ultra Lite base and ring sets and the difference is NOT 1/16"!!!

I bought both in anticipation of mounting one here with this 56mm Hawke and other on my Weatherby VGL with a 50mm Objective Riton. Looks like Ill be fine. Ill mount Riton in best height and use other here on the Howa.

My plan is to pick up a Heavy Barreled Howa Mini action in the spring and use the Boyds Tactical stock this rifle was in. (I moved this back to the Factory stock.) then use the Outer Impact 20MOA rail and DIP Bottom Metal (with Forum logo) on the HB build. I hope its as good a shooter as this one.

This one will go back as a favorite hunting rifle.

CW

Comment

• cwlongshot
            Warrior
            • Mar 2018

WOW WOW WOW!

Super impressed with quality fit and finish of this Bottom metal!!! Its light as a feather too!

Looks are over the top! Complete gun ready ta hunt is just over 6#!!

CW

Comment

Working...
            X