X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Coyote
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

lol, i like that you ' ' around 'fixed' haha, i stand corrected, cz apparently tweaked the control round feed and made it some sort of hybrid single feed away homies

Comment

• JSH
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2019

Comment

• 218bee
        Unwashed
        • Aug 2020

I have a CZ American and a CZ MTR........for hunting the MTR might be a bit more than you want to carry around. My American had to be glass bedded before the fliers went away. Now the first three shots ( with handloaded ammo ) will fall into a little over 1/2". Next two shots will be together but about 1/2 " high. Wait for the barrel to cool and the next shot will punch into the first three. So.........for a hunting rifle, that is really good accuracy. I suspect the varmint would be a little more stable. My MTR has no problem putting multiple shots into the same tight cluster, never needed to do anything but adjust the trigger right out of the box.....................H322 is my powder of choice...............hope this helps.........Don in SC

Comment

• Harpoon1
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2017

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
              Warrior
              • Dec 2017

I too am sorry I went down the Howa road. Better to invest in a cz or a ruger at this point, or try to go full custom.

Comment

• Oso Polaris
                Warrior
                • Apr 2019

Give Calhoun a call and order one of his single round feed block for your CZ. The call and pursuing conversation you will have with him will be worth the price tag and then you will also receive a fine product. He is a gem to deal with. My feed block lives in my rifle and only gets replaced with a magazine when I am taking rifle into the field on a hunt.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2017

Comment

• Sinclair
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                    CZ says it's perfectly fine and safe to single feed. I have done it a good bit with mine and have had zero problems.

I keep seeing folks say you have too run the bolt with your thumb from the back of the bolt. I have never had to do that and can't understand for the life of me why when someone would have to be doing this. Why you wouldn't try to figure out why and fix it.

But I have said before. If I could take the barrel, trigger and mag from the cz and put it on the howa action. It would be the perfect bolt action grendel.
                    A5, the fly in the buttermilk is that it is easier to push with your thumb, than to "fix" the problem. On mine, if I apply pressure on the bolt to the left, it feeds smooth as silk. It is just easier to slip the thumb along the bolt handle to about 1/3 the way from the bolt body and just close the bolt with my thumb. The problem is that CZ left the third lug that is hidden under the extractor off of the 527. Too small, cost reduction, who knows, but without it the bolt wants to twist to the right and bind as you push on the handle knob as in a '98 Mauser. Frankly, I have never owned a rifle that did not have some quirk to it, just my luck? I do not know, but it is a very minor issue to me. Improvise, adapt, overcome!

Back on topic, at my age I am too cantankerous to spend a lot of time fiddling with a gun. My CZ came generously insetted. After I shot it few times to confirm it was a keeper, I installed Pilars, let the epoxy cure for a few days, taped the stock, sprayed Spam on all of the metal parts and glass bed the action. It shoots better that I can. My 300 yd 10 round groups are about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 MOA. But, the inner 3 to 5 holes are a clover leaf or at least touching. Good enough for the girls that I hunt with! Would I buy another CZ, YES.
                    Last edited by Sinclair; 08-27-2020, 04:18 AM.
                    "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
                    Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
                    Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

• riuma
                      Warrior
                      • Jun 2018

I was resizing brass for both of my CZ Grendels yesterday and was dropping them into the chamber and closing the bolt. After hunting season contact CZ for a fix.~Riuma

Comment

• riuma
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2018

Went to the range Tuesday afternoon. Shot my CZ Varmint and fed loaded rounds straight into the chamber without an ounce of fuss. ~Riuma

Comment

• bluetick
                          Bloodstained
                          • Aug 2020

I have the Ruger. It's a nice rifle that goes bang dependably. The bolt was a little rough when I first got it but proper cleaning smoothed things out. It does use an AR type mag so given a choice of recipes the one with the shorter COAL will definitely play a role in which one I use.

Comment

• riuma
                            Warrior
                            • Jun 2018

I gave my Ruger to a good friend of mine and he shot it this past week. SUB Moa at 200 for five shots. I shot my CZ yesterday and fired the tightest group I've produced off a bipod. The first round hit a little low but the next four, felt great and went great, piling into .7 inches. My spotter said I would regret that first round and she was right. The whole group was .8MOA. Superb rifle. Shoots far better than I do.~Riuma

Comment

• FrozenMinnesotan
                              Unwashed
                              • Apr 2019

Hello everyone, didn't get notifications for this thread.
                              I've decided to go howa route for my son for deer (10yr old).
                              howa mini HB 6.5gr or 6arc if available by then.
                              B&C m40 and hinged bottom metal.
                              topped with a vx2 2-7x33 until scope is upgraded. ill just get a 223ai or 6arc barrel for my bighorn origin for myself.

Comment

• ArmaniDunn
                                Unwashed
                                • Oct 2022

I purchased the MR-131K shotgun because it offers great versatility. Because of the fact that it provides two magazines at once, a tubular underbarrel magazine and a box magazine. It is one of the most affordable with a good range. There are many modifications of the shotgun available, from the budget version in plastic to the piece shotguns with rich decorative finishes. I don't think it would be too difficult to purchase ammo. I also want to try to put a 380 Auto pistol clip on it. I will not change my gun anytime soon. It suits me completely.
                                Last edited by ArmaniDunn; 10-11-2022, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X