Cz-527

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cz-527

Any body ever mess with the 527, they chamber it for 7.62x39, so I was thinking about rebarreling one for 6.5 Grendel.

Somewhere online, recently, I saw for sale a replacement barrel in a 6.5 Grendel for a CZ rifle. That would be a winner. Of course I can't find it now. Anybody else see this? I will look again if I find it I'll let you know.

Comment

That would be great, I was thinking I was going to have more trouble than that, any info you find would be appreciated.

Comment

• Drifter
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Barrel source: http://www.competitionshooting.com/c...tegory33/p1619
        Drifter

Comment

Thank you Drifter.

Comment

• Drifter
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Another barrel source:

Drifter

Comment

Thanks Drifter for that last link. I think that I will build one for my wife so she'll quit whining about the money I'm spending on my AR project.

Cheers, Will

Comment

Back in the day...Before there were reliable Grendel mags or available AR uppers, JIM BROCKMAN of Brockman arms ran off a pile of CZ 527s conveted to 6.5 Grendel. As light weight deer hunters you understand. Mine weighed maybe 6 lbs and shot 1/4 inch groups all day long. The Groups have since opened up to maybe .6 inches, I think I need to rebed it. I never heard anyone say anything bad at all about the conversion. ITS A GREiAT CONVERSION. I also heard that there was some early talk about CZ making the 527 in 6.5 Grendel but the company guy on that left CZ so the project died.

Comment

• txgunner00
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

I've been searching all over the net for this info and find it here. Should have known.

Mr. Clark- what barrel length and profile do you have. I'm looking to build a super light hunting rifle for my daughter. Thinking about 16"-18" + break.

If you don't mind what did you give for it?
                  Last edited by txgunner00; 01-10-2012, 03:13 PM.
                  NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

I have a buddy that has one. He gets 2700fps with the 139gr Lapua Scenars with his. The Grendel cartridge can take a lot more pressure than the modified AR15 action can. It is a higher pressure cartridge for sure.

I just felt one of my buddy's custom Finnish Tikka rifles in a hand-crafted Finnish wooden thumbhole stock that makes a hunting rifle feel like a handgun. I was thinking how that combination of the Cz-527 6.5 Grendel with one of these stocks would be the ultimate super-light hunting rifle capable of taking about anything you could want to hunt in North America and Europe. It would make a sick mountain gun for sure.
                    Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by lrrpf52 View Post
                      i have a buddy that has one. He gets 2700fps with the 139gr lapua scenars with his. The grendel cartridge can take a lot more pressure than the modified ar15 action can. It is a higher pressure cartridge for sure.

I just felt one of my buddy's custom finnish tikka rifles in a hand-crafted finnish wooden thumbhole stock that makes a hunting rifle feel like a handgun. I was thinking how that combination of the cz-527 6.5 grendel with one of these stocks would be the ultimate super-light hunting rifle capable of taking about anything you could want to hunt in north america and europe. It would make a sick mountain gun for sure.
                      we want pictures!

Comment

For TXGunner,

You could also look at rebarrelling the 7.62X39 mm Savage Model 10 FCM Scout (http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10FCMSCOUT).

Comment

• txgunner00
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                          For TXGunner,

You could also look at rebarrelling the 7.62X39 mm Savage Model 10 FCM Scout (http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10FCMSCOUT).
                          Hadn't thought about that but not a bad option. About 1/2lb heavier though. My daughter is 7 now. Every ounce counts.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

Txgunner, my 527 barrel is 18 inches and thats just about perfect for a light weight. I think of it more of a carbine than a rifle. The profile is a little hazy in my memory , but its probably a #2. My daughter managed recoil fine as a 5' Tweenager. Honestly, the muzzle blast bothers her more than the recoil of 120 gr bullets; I urge you NOT to get a break. The real problem with the 527 and a child is the scope MUST sit up real HIGH above the action (lower rings wont allow the bolt to open) making cheek weld difficult for small faces. For a super light wieght the Pac Nor fluted 18 inch grendel barrel with "Flutes maximem for weight reduction" is good and easily shoots < 3/4 inch. .... Ah... I'll get back to you with the exact PacNor barrel profile.

Comment

• txgunner00
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Good to know about the bolt/ scope clearance.

It's looking like suppressors will be cleared for game hunting here in Texas soon so that will take care of the blast and recoil issue.

Thanks.
                              Last edited by txgunner00; 01-10-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X