Cz-527

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen rifled barrel blank for sale and was thinking of getting a 6.5 and having it chambered for grendel and using a Remington Action for it.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      I don't have a picture of it, but I can have him send one. I was really thinking about a bolt gun feeling that stock-simply elegant and beautiful. It also has a detachable magazine system, and is a thumbhole design. The stock-maker cuts the grip and stock to the customer, and the palm swell and trigger finger area set your finger up nicely for breaking the shot.
      If you could also provide the stock maker info. That I would like.

Comment

tell us more about Custom Reloading Tools bolt handle for the CZ please. I can not find a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad from CRT
          Thank You for inquiring about the CZ bolt handle. We have a design put together and plan to start machining them soon. Initially I will be producing them in stainless steel. Depending on the demand I may offer them in blued steel as well.

We originally planned to have them out earlier this year, however we have been extremely busy producing our current line of products so the bolt handles got put on the back burner for a little bit. I plan to start making them yet this year with a release date of early 2012. Please sign up for the Newsletter on my website, we use that to keep in contact with customers on all our new product releases.

Thanks,
          Brad
          The design is supposed to be a little longer than the factory handle, and a different angle to get around the low-mounted scope issues.

Comment

Thanks for the bolt handle info. I signed op for the news letter. Now all we have to do is get someone to start making low rings.

Comment

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
              Thanks for the bolt handle info. I signed op for the news letter. Now all we have to do is get someone to start making low rings.
              James Calhoon makes his "Hunker Mount" rings that are 1/8" lower than the regular CZ rings.

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Does anybody remember who made/makes the lightweight custom hunting stocks for the 527? I remember seeing them and hearing them named on the old board, but for the life of me I can't find them or remember the name of who did it. My google foo fails again! Some folks had built super lightweight 527s with those custom stocks. I see CZ lists the 7.62x39 carbine at 5.9 pounds with an 18.5" barrel. I'm curious just how light one could go with a custom lightweight stock, a modded/replaced bolt handle, lower rings, and a fluted light weight barrel. I'm sure it'd make a pretty dreamy light weight hunting rifle.
                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• BjornF16
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

How would Remington 799 (mauser action) work?
                  LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                  Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• txgunner00
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                    How would Remington 799 (mauser action) work?
                    Probably just as well as it is also a "micro" size action. They have been discontinued so you might find one cheap.

Bell & Carlson makes a carbelite stock for it also. Nominal weight for the factory rifle is listed at 6-3/4 lbs. I don't know how much a synthetic stock and fluted barrel could shave off.
                    Last edited by txgunner00; 01-16-2012, 05:33 PM.
                    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

(1) CZ "regular" rings are about as high as "extra high" rings from for a non CZ 527. (2) Bell &Carlson makes the current CZ 527 kevlar stocks. They wont sell them alone though. Lone Wolf at one time advertised cz 527 stocks but I never saw the stock go on a rifle. (3) Remington 799/ Mini Mauser/ Mini MK x/Charles Dailey are all the SAME miicro actions in 7.62x 39. I have one. They work well in the Grendel and even the 358 Gremlin. The action is not as glass smoth as a CZ. My Charles Daily is accurate and dependable if not as well finished as the CZ. The trigger was slopy so I put Rifle basix on it. A variety of rings and wood and synthetic stocks exist for it.

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Thank you Sir, I think Lone Wolf is the outfit I was asking about. That name sounds right anyway. Whoever it was there were a couple of 527s on the old board that had really light weight custom stocks. It looks like Lone Wolf could make a very light weight stock (sub 1# easy).
                        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

FYI - You can buy the B&C Varmint Kevlar stock directly from CZ (for $285). HS Precision made the stocks for CZ Varmint Kevlar originally, and they still sell them as well.

Comment

Yes you are right, you can get a cz 527 stock made by B&C from CZ.. I mis spoke. I ment to convey the idea that while B&C makes a CZ 527 stock, B&C wont sell a 527 stock to the public.

Comment

And good news on CZ bolt handles. Custem Reloading tools emailed mes and said that they are in the process of now makikng CZ 527 SS bolt handles and expect to have them ready in 30 days or less. I will probably buy one andsee how it fits.

Comment

Here is a pic of a CZ built by an old forum member

Comment

Working...
                                X