X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maine guy
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2018

28 was best, 27.8-28.4 was all MOA with 28 being best, with the two groups around .5 as always work up and be safe.

Comment

• Maine guy
      Unwashed
      • Mar 2018

Last three groups of the day were .875, .521 and .449

Comment

• Figure4LegLock
        Unwashed
        • Mar 2018

Anybody ever have cycling issues with factory ammo or cheap wolf?

Comment

• Greyling
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2018

I got my new Grendel out to the range yesterday. I went ahead and drilled out my gas port before I assembled the upper. It shot 5 rounds of the American Gunner into about an inch at 100 after 4 rounds getting zeroed in. That was off sandbags. It was ejecting 3o'clock with a stock spring and carbine buffer. I put my h2 buffer in and now it ejects closer to 4. In retrospect, probably didn't need to drill the port, and will probably regret it when I get my can in, but for now it works fine.

Comment

• monty
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Greyling View Post
            I got my new Grendel out to the range yesterday. I went ahead and drilled out my gas port before I assembled the upper. It shot 5 rounds of the American Gunner into about an inch at 100 after 4 rounds getting zeroed in. That was off sandbags. It was ejecting 3o'clock with a stock spring and carbine buffer. I put my h2 buffer in and now it ejects closer to 4. In retrospect, probably didn't need to drill the port, and will probably regret it when I get my can in, but for now it works fine.
            What size did you drill it to? Did you measure the original gas port size?

I wonder if BA decided to enlarge the gas port with the issues people have been having. You can always use an adjustable gas block if it ends up being too large on the port.

Comment

• kcb38
              Warrior
              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Figure4LegLock View Post
              Anybody ever have cycling issues with factory ammo or cheap wolf?
              Yes. On my first (and only) trip to the range with my new BA barreled Grendel, it ran fine with Hornady Black and SST but had issues with Wolf. I had a number of times where the bolt either didn't lock back on an empty mag or rode up over the round being chambered. Might just need a little break in to run smoother so I don't want to go blaming the gas port size yet.
              - Kirk -

Comment

• GMZ
                Bloodstained
                • Apr 2018

I drilled mine out with a 5/64 bit and I will be op-testing tomorrow with HDY AG.

Comment

• Greyling
                  Bloodstained
                  • Feb 2018

I drilled mine with 5/64.

Comment

• GMZ
                    Bloodstained
                    • Apr 2018

Op-test went well, shot 100 rds of HDY AG with no malfunctions experienced. I did mod my ASC mags beforehand and they were gtg.

Noted a full 1 mil drop in POI with suppressor mounted, and it is definitely over-gassed with the can but not to the point of causing a stoppage.

Accuracy was disappointing (1.5-2 MOA) but I might just suck at shooting a 6.5G AR until I can get some more rounds downrange.

I have some CFE and XBR and plan to do some testing with 123 ELD, 123 SST and 129 ABLR bullets in the coming weeks.

Also plan to get a JP carbine spring to maybe smooth out the recoil impulse, do not think I need a heavier buffer at this time.

Comment

• Kscop
                      Unwashed
                      • Apr 2018

Originally posted by monty View Post
                      What size did you drill it to? Did you measure the original gas port size?

I wonder if BA decided to enlarge the gas port with the issues people have been having. You can always use an adjustable gas block if it ends up being too large on the port.

Comment

Working...
                      X