• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brunt The Grunt
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2020

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

I have not. It’s hard for me to take a scope seriously in that price range though. I’ve broken too many sub-$400 scopes to trust them, and have seen many cheap scopes break at courses.

That EP8 reticle is weird with how they did the torso brackets for each range. I prefer the GRSC 1200yd reticle from the 1.1-10x FSO much more.

I use the incremental dots between each stadia line all the time.
    thanx for the input. That GRSC 1-10 has been holding up for yah over time? Have always wondered about durability and longevity with the construction but hasn't failed me yet

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

I only had the 1.1-10x GRSC for a little while before I had to send it back to Ed.

The 1-6x24 LOW Japanese-made version is built like a tank and has held up without a fuss.

I actually prefer the field of view from the 1-4x24s, but they just kept falling apart. The last one had the reticle cant on me and I started missing that buffalo steel at 780yds, which I never really do after 1st round register. I looked at it and noticed the reticle had leaned over to the left, pulled it off and gave it to my youngest son to play with.

I put a Vortex 1-10x Razor Gen 3 on my 18” LaRue Stealth 2.0 rifle and took it out last week.

I think I’ll pull the Razor off that, and put more magnification on the LaRue.

Maybe put the 1-10x on something smaller, as I have a 10.5” Grendel and 8.5” Grendel that need glass.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
        Warrior
        • Sep 2023

Originally posted by Brunt The Grunt View Post
        Hey hows the Arken EP8 holding up?
        For me it's working out XLNT. I still haven't got the flip-it covers though. I have a 1-4x24 1st gen PST Viper, it's great to 200 yards with no issues.

Having 1-8 is pretty nice though, I won't lie. I think it could come in handy with game at about 400 yards.

I will say the reticle is odd because when I'm shooting game and matching it up to a human torso it seems kinda twisted.

I have not. It’s hard for me to take a scope seriously in that price range though.
        I can certainly understand that, but I see it from another side. I'm not spending $2k for an optic right now, I have a shop and home to build.

It seems pretty rugged and the zero stop works pretty good...

That EP8 reticle is weird with how they did the torso brackets for each range.
        I agree with that, but will add...I am not using any trees or torsos when I hunt. I have a inexpensive range finder that works fine for the distance I plan to shoot.

I like nice things and one day I may be in a better situation, but the EP8 was a great deal for me. I got it for $299, they do sell them for $499 now, so price has gone up. I'm a bottom feeder, heh? LOL
        From my cold dead endmill...

Comment

Working...
        X