X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

VASCAR2. I found the guy from the links and his company's website. Sent him an email about designing a follower for testing. Will update when I here back from him.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Thanks for the update A5B.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        Thanks for the update A5B.
        No problem. Haveent heard back from him yet. Will see where this goes. Update when I know more.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Well looks like the custom follower might be a dead end. Have heard back from the gent I contacted through the links and haven't had any luck finding anyone with a 3d printer and cad program.

Comment

• hill37
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

I don't know any thing about this company. But they may give you some idea of the cost.https://icomold.com/ Looks like tooling is the killer.
            Last edited by hill37; 07-28-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
              I don't know any thing about this company. But they may give you some idea of the cost.https://icomold.com/ Looks like tooling is the killer.
              Yea I only need one or two for testing, so going to a full on company is just not workable.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Ok so lil update.

Some measurement data for some future loads I will be doing up for this rifle.

Centerfire was nice enough to mail me a 153 A-tip and a 150 SMK to take measurements in my 16 inch AA sammi chambered barrel I used in this build.

Now my windowed SIX8 pmag will let me run handloads as long as 2.360 coal. So here is what I got when I measured each bullet in this chamber and then made dummy rounds to test extraction.

153 A-tip contact to lands measurement
                Coal=2.368
                Ojive= 1.710
                Dummy round set at
                Coal=2.358
                Ojive=1.700

150 SMK contact to land measurment.
                Coal=2.400
                Ojive=1.682
                Dummy round set at
                Coal=2.360
                Ojive=1.650

Both dummy rounds locked in fine and extracted fine.

My window mag allows 5 rounds and both of those dummy round lengths are gtg.

Will be a lil while before I get around to doing any of these loads but I plan on useing.

Leverevolution powder
                Cci450 primers
                Starline cases

Sidenote the 135 atip bullet should be gtg as well in my setup.

The 153 A-tip should make for dang fine hammer of God hunting bullet from my 16 inch barrel at 200 or less yards.
                Last edited by A5BLASTER; 08-03-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

153 A-tip and 150 SMK side by side.

Going to be some fun with these.

Headshots,neck shots, sheilds, Texas heart shoots. It's going to be allllllllllllll good with these bad boys lmao.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• centerfire
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2017

AA2520, CFE223, H4895, and IMR4895 all look like good options for those bullets. QL predicts the four powders will reach max SAAMI pressure before compressing the load. IMR4895 should have the highest charge volume.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by centerfire View Post
                      AA2520, CFE223, H4895, and IMR4895 all look like good options for those bullets. QL predicts the four powders will reach max SAAMI pressure before compressing the load. IMR4895 should have the highest charge volume.
                      I was thinking leverevolution might work great. I have cfe223 and leverevolution at the moment don't have any of the other powders you listed.

Will give the 153 A-tip a go with cfe223 first then the lever. If it don't work well, I will get some of the other powders you listed to try.

But from what I have seen with the 129/130 weight bullets I have used so far. I think the leverevolution will probably work great.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by centerfire View Post
                        Sidenote what does quickload give as a min and max charge with cfe223 at the coal length I have listed for the A-tip and cci450 primers?

Comment

• centerfire
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                          Sidenote what does quickload give as a min and max charge with cfe223 at the coal length I have listed for the A-tip and cci450 primers?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2015

Awesome thanks. I was planning on starting the lever and the cfe223 at 25 grains and working up in my normal fashion of .2 tenth increase, 5 rounds at each charge.

I typically work up like this until I find the velocity spike or dump and then look at my 5 round data under that to find my accuracy node and then adjust the seating depth.

The A-tip from best I could measure is right at 25 thousands less in the case then the smk.

I also was thinking from the 16 inch barrel I would probably end up in the 2150 to 2200 fps range.

Will be fun to try this out. Hopefully before deer season gets here.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2015

Well bringing this back to life.

Ran into a problem and it's unfixable and kills this setup for me.

The mags work fine with factory ammo. The problem is the rifle will not feed with handloads at all.

The slight increase in case size on the resized cases makes the mag swell just enough that the rifle will not feed from the mags.

Got several loads worked out and can set the gas to lock the bolt back but nothing can get it to strip a second round if running handloads.

So guess I'm going to sell of the six8 recivers and mags. Don't want a rifle that can only run factory ammo.

Comment

• Daveycrockett
                                Bloodstained
                                • Dec 2019

Well that's a total bummer! Especially since most of us run hand loads probably. I'm wondering why the difference? How much of a difference is the resized case?

Comment

Working...
                                X