• Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by FRB6.5 View Post
    Nice! Hopefully Six8 and Magpul notice.
    Thanks.

Doubtful. I already sent in pics and a detailed write up of this too lwrci and magpul. No response.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
      A5 you need to post a better of that lil black blasting beauty!
      Some pics from the range today.
      Attached Files

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        A5 I assume this is the GB 12" barrel with 1:7.5 twist. Sounds like your liking this new 12" barrel can you give any accuracy reports. Has the barrel shown any preferences or does it shoot everything pretty decent?
        Should have put the 1-6 power pst back on but I shot these at 100 yards today with the 2moa red dot and 3x magnifier.

Load used was 120 gold dot on top 28.6 grains of ar-comp, cci450 and hornady brass, coal is 2.270 inches.
        Attached Files

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

So coming back around too this setup now that I finished doing testing on some other setups.

The 30 round mags have been running good loaded with 29 rounds. But I just couldn't think or find away to get to 30 rounds.

Well last week I was cleaning my mags and got to doing some investigation and it hit me. The reason why I couldn't get 30 rounds in the mag.

Is because their is like 1 to 1 1/4 of compressed spring in the mag when it has 29 rounds in it.

So out comes the wire snips and I start taking off one coil at a time. Once I cut the 4th coil off, bam 30 rounds in the mag.

So been testing it out. I have done 6 mag dumps as fast as I could run the trigger and I have done 3 full empty of the mag on slow fire and so far not one feeding issue.

So now my lil home/self defense/hunting/shtf rifle sits ready with one in the chamber and a 30 round mag lock in ready to go.

Will continue to test but I'm close too just grabbing the rest of my mags and working them up too hold 30 rounds as well.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Well at the range doing more testing with these mags loaded with 30 rounds of fmj's and blasting them out my 12 inch built with the sixfivearms barrel.

I'm done testing, I have put 11 mags loaded to 30 rounds down pipe today and not one malfunction.

Will be modifying the rest of the mags later today to hold 30 rounds as well.

Y'all just don't know how awesome it is to blast steel and go 30 out of 30 at 200 yards.

So cool

Comment

• am4966
              Chieftain
              • Jul 2014

I'm curious what are you getting for speeds with the coal longer in a 123gr round and what about your heavier choices? Or is that something you haven't tested yet?
              12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
              Surge - Rugged Suppressor
              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                I'm curious what are you getting for speeds with the coal longer in a 123gr round and what about your heavier choices? Or is that something you haven't tested yet?
                What longer coal? Mags only allow 2.300 max so 2.290 useable.

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                  What longer coal? Mags only allow 2.300 max so 2.290 useable.
                  Yes for your rounds that your able to move the coal out more than what you could use in a standard grendel mag? Is this to attain higher velocity or to be able to use heavier bullets? I find your research/work on all of this interesting. I wasn't sure how much if any speed gain.

Thx for all the info you've posted on this.
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                    Yes for your rounds that your able to move the coal out more than what you could use in a standard grendel mag? Is this to attain higher velocity or to be able to use heavier bullets? I find your research/work on all of this interesting. I wasn't sure how much if any speed gain.

Thx for all the info you've posted on this.
                    My CPD/duramags allow the same coal length as these mags.

As to any extra speed I really haven't payed attention to see what I am getting compared to others.

Now I do have one of the mags I windowed that I can load much longer loads in but that's only usable with the 129 ablr bullets.

I have been doing more testing to get the mags to hold and function with 30 rounds then I have been doing load work.

Will return too doing load work soon.

Comment

• am4966
                      Chieftain
                      • Jul 2014

My CPD/duramags allow the same coal length as these mags.

As to any extra speed I really haven't payed attention to see what I am getting compared to others.

Now I do have one of the mags I windowed that I can load much longer loads in but that's only usable with the 129 ablr bullets.

I have been doing more testing to get the mags to hold and function with 30 rounds then I have been doing load work.

Will return too doing load work soon.
                      Ok, Roger that! Great info A5B on your writes up here within this thread

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Well I have 2 nice vids showing how 30 rounds of fmj's run from these mags but I can't get them to this fourm no matter what I try.

If y'all want to see them, they are on the grendel Facebook page.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

Well I have 2 nice vids showing how 30 rounds of fmj's run from these mags but I can't get them to this fourm no matter what I try.

If y'all want to see them, they are on the grendel Facebook page.

Comment

• RickyRifle
                            Unwashed
                            • Dec 2016

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2015

No I sure hadn't thought about that. Might do that sometime.

Honestly I did it just to see what I could come up with, I like to tinker with stuff.

I would be more interested in a metal grendel mag to fit these recivers then a polymer one to be totally honest. Polymer is cool and all but I have never felt at a disadvantage running metal mags. That's why I don't and won't be a owner of the amend2 grendel mags.

Comment

• RickyRifle
                                Unwashed
                                • Dec 2016

No I sure hadn't thought about that. Might do that sometime.

Honestly I did it just to see what I could come up with, I like to tinker with stuff.

I would be more interested in a metal grendel mag to fit these recivers then a polymer one to be totally honest. Polymer is cool and all but I have never felt at a disadvantage running metal mags. That's why I don't and won't be a owner of the amend2 grendel mags.

Comment

Working...
                                X