X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Unwashed
    • May 2019

Best trigger...?

I have a decent ALG trigger but it is just not doing what I need for distance and accuracy. I built the gun. I noticed today while shooting it does terrible groups when I squeeze slow... have to do a crisp quicker pull, due to the amount of creep and travel in the trigger this is concerning. I do not like that. So with out opening up a massive can of worms or pandoras box, in your opinion, what is the best trigger for the buck. I do not want to spend more than $200 and I would like around a 3-4lbs crisp break. Thanks in advance...
  • jonny rotton
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

larue has a very good 2 stage trigger that you can get for about $90. that may be the best bang for the buck.

Comment

• Lemonaid
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

I have been very satisfied with the Larue mbt. I would/will buy it again for my next AR project. $87.00 + shipping

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

Along with larue, if you want a single stage...
        Timney cmc and velocity all have 2.5-3.5 lb triggers. I've got a few of them and they help me a lot.
        Crisp and clean breaks.
        Usually you can fine one around $130 give or take.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

Replaced an ALG with a Larue. It was a very good choice. Larue now has a single stage, my son bought one and likes it.

Comment

• Pwrbomb1970
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2019

I have a Rock River Arms two stage varmint trigger. It is a great trigger that I paid $87 for from a lgs. Break clean on the second stage at a very crisp 3lb.

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

I love my larue. Is it the best, no but it's pretty darn good.

Comment

Unwashed
                • May 2019

Ok great info all. How does the Larue compare to the ALG advanced?

Comment

• FLshooter
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2019

IF you are shooting long range target, you cannot do better than a Giessele National Match 2 stage Trigger.Fully adjustable.Breaks like glass.IMO ,best AR 15 trigger for target shooting.I set my first stage at 1lb.second at 12oz.I love it.Only bad thing is the price.$250 on sale!
                  I own several Larue MBT 2S triggers.Factory set at 1.5 lbs 1st stage.2 lbs second stage.A great all around trigger.Nice clean break.No quite as crisp as the Giessele NM.But,for $90,it’s the best all around deal out there.My second favorite trigger.

Comment

Unwashed
                    • May 2019

Aight yall... bought the Larue. Thanks. Deer season opens in a week hope its here by then!

Comment

• kcb38
                      Warrior
                      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by FLshooter View Post
                      IF you are shooting long range target, you cannot do better than a Giessele National Match 2 stage Trigger... Only bad thing is the price.$250 on sale!
                      I got lucky and got mine for 199. When I saw that price I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.
                      - Kirk -

Comment

• Popeye212
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by 13232 View Post
                        Ok great info all. How does the Larue compare to the ALG advanced?
                        It doesn't, Larue is a much better I have an ALG I'll let go Cheap.

Comment

• centerfire
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by FLshooter View Post
                          IF you are shooting long range target, you cannot do better than a Giessele National Match 2 stage Trigger.Fully adjustable.Breaks like glass.IMO ,best AR 15 trigger for target shooting.I set my first stage at 1lb.second at 12oz.I love it.Only bad thing is the price.$250 on sale!
                          I own several Larue MBT 2S triggers.Factory set at 1.5 lbs 1st stage.2 lbs second stage.A great all around trigger.Nice clean break.No quite as crisp as the Giessele NM.But,for $90,it?s the best all around deal out there.My second favorite trigger.
                          I have every trigger you mentioned and would rather have (and do have) an AR Gold trigger. The Geissele NM trigger is nothing to write home about when you start comparing it against non AR triggers. The AR Gold does a good job of bridging the differences between an AR trigger and a bolt gun trigger. Light weight (adjustable), minimal over travel, and enough slack/pretravel to resist bump firing without being two-stage. Obviously opinions will vary but I have had Geissele triggers since the very first one designed for ADCO and the AMU. There are some very good AR triggers on the market that aren't Geissele or Larue.

Comment

• FLshooter
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2019

I own over 2 dozen AR15 in different calibers.I own maybe 15 or so different brand triggers.I own an adjustable AR gold I got some time back from Midway.It’s a single stage w/a slight bit of take up.It breaks at 2 lbs.Not a bad trigger.I have it on my Colt competition rifle.
                            The AR gold cost me around the same as my Geissele NM trigger.And in my opinion I like the Geiselle better.However,I still like the AR gold.And,I’d recommend it.It’s all about preference.
                            The reason I recommend the Larue is because of the price.And what you get for that price is definitely a deal.Most guys don’t want to spend over $200 on a trigger.

Comment

• gofastman
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2019

Originally posted by 13232 View Post
                              Aight yall... bought the Larue. Thanks. Deer season opens in a week hope its here by then!
                              Since you already got a replacement, it's a moot point, I just thought I'd share for others.
                              I found a significant difference in how the ALG triggers perform with little dab of a good, heavy-duty grease on the sear points vs regular gun oil.
                              It's not ever going to be a "good" trigger, but it goes from "meh" to "decent" with the right lubricant.

Comment

Working...
                              X