X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

I've used the Seekins NOXs on a build. Everything is great except the TING from any touch, and the ring that shooting induces. Find some kind of accessory to put some buffer on the fore end, that helped quite a bit. I put a BCM QD socket on the end, along with a Magpul handstop I had on hand. Seemed to really help. Didn't eliminate it, but it helped.

You won't notice it from your bipod, and if attached it may well eliminate it all together. But for a hunting handguard, I'd recommend finding some way to make it quiet before I hit the woods with it.

My two cents.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• plt228
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2016

Take a look at the Seekins SP3Rv3, I just built a 20" 223 with this handguard. The flat bottom is nice for putting up on barricades and other objects. I also ordered a Sawtooth Rifles RRS rail to add to it. I'll be able to run my bipod the entire 15" and throw it on my tripod. My spring Grendel build is going to get the same treatment.

Comment

• Jinkx
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2018

Might as well put in my .2 cents

Alot of great suggestions already, and honestly, hard to make a bad decision lately. Great time to be alive.

Been seriously looking at Vseven's Hyper-Light 15" rail (HYPLIGHT 15ML) for an upcoming rifle length gas build for the wife, crazy lightweight for not a whole lot of extra cheddar. Since you are gonna be rocking a 22" and humping over terrain I would highly suggest watching your oz's like a hawk. You are going to get great velocity out of a grendel with a 22". Would love to see what FPS you end up getting after your build is complete.

FYI I have used:
        Giessele MK4 rail 9.5" 11.0oz (built like a tank and fantastic barrel nut)
        Midwest Industries Ultra Lightweight series 12.625" 7.9oz , really fantastic as well and very lightweight per inch of rail. I was going to go with the 15" but decided on the 12.625" since my 18" faxon was just a midlength gas and no sense of humping around meaningless weight.

Rifle length gas tubes are ~ 13" so a 15" rail should be adequate for your needs I would imagine.

Random thought, what glass will you be parking on it?

Comment

• TwoStrokeTyrant
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Jinkx View Post
          Might as well put in my .2 cents

Alot of great suggestions already, and honestly, hard to make a bad decision lately. Great time to be alive.

Been seriously looking at Vseven's Hyper-Light 15" rail (HYPLIGHT 15ML) for an upcoming rifle length gas build for the wife, crazy lightweight for not a whole lot of extra cheddar. Since you are gonna be rocking a 22" and humping over terrain I would highly suggest watching your oz's like a hawk. You are going to get great velocity out of a grendel with a 22". Would love to see what FPS you end up getting after your build is complete.

FYI I have used:
          Giessele MK4 rail 9.5" 11.0oz (built like a tank and fantastic barrel nut)
          Midwest Industries Ultra Lightweight series 12.625" 7.9oz , really fantastic as well and very lightweight per inch of rail. I was going to go with the 15" but decided on the 12.625" since my 18" faxon was just a midlength gas and no sense of humping around meaningless weight.

Rifle length gas tubes are ~ 13" so a 15" rail should be adequate for your needs I would imagine.

Random thought, what glass will you be parking on it?
          I have used the MW as well and really like the weight/profile. Think I am going to go with the Seekins or possibly the Coda Evolution CF

As for glass, I am Looking at the Athlon Ares
          2.5-15X50 pretty hard but I am not completely sure yet

Comment

• Jinkx
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2018

0.o oh hello beautiful!!! Man I really like that Coda Evolution CF!!! I may have to steal your pick for myself!!!

The asethetics on the seekins is a little "busy" for my taste. Great bang for the dollar however.

Comment

• Lastrites
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

Coda Evolution CF I have one and like it, see my build in the photo gallery thread. Tolerances seem very tight on it which is a good thing, would buy another without a doubt if the north of $200 fits in your budget.

Comment

Working...
              X