X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FarmerDave
    Bloodstained
    • May 2020

I wanted to try this scope from Primary Arms and this build gave me that excuse. I'll say my first impression is pretty good. I have a Vortex Viper-HS to compare and I'd say the glass is about equal, but want to spend more time behind this one before I make that final call.

Comment

• KZero
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2020

Originally posted by FarmerDave View Post
      I wanted to try this scope from Primary Arms and this build gave me that excuse. I'll say my first impression is pretty good. I have a Vortex Viper-HS to compare and I'd say the glass is about equal, but want to spend more time behind this one before I make that final call.
      I actually just now noticed, that's the exact same scope I have slowly meandering its' way toward my house from Optics Planet; I'm glad to see it's very nice-looking on top of an AR. I'm looking forward to your feedback!
      Kenny

Comment

• FarmerDave
        Bloodstained
        • May 2020

Originally posted by KZero View Post
        I actually just now noticed, that's the exact same scope I have slowly meandering its' way toward my house from Optics Planet; I'm glad to see it's very nice-looking on top of an AR. I'm looking forward to your feedback!
        Sloooowwww.... is right. I ordered from OP because they are a 3hr drive from here. Other orders from them usually hit my door 2 days after I order. Not this time! Scope was in stock (confirmed with phone call). but took almost 3 weeks to ship and then it came out of Utah, instead of Illinois.

It does look good on the top of this gun. I'm kinda a stickler for things that work well AND look nice and this is the first time I've put a high magnification scope on top of an AR so I spent a lot of time looking and reading reviews. I chose the scope for a lot of reasons, but not the least of which is that is is slightly shorter for the magnification range, and the turrets are a bit more compact than most. The fact that it is consistently rated as an excellent value for the money was the first reason I chose it, but the other things played into it as well.

I bought matching LaRue QD mounts and the plan is to mount the Vortex on the other one so I can quickly swap them to compare. One of them will stay on this Grendel, the other will probably reside on my Savage 110 22-250.

Comment

Working...
        X