• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garikfox
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2023

My first time building...ever

Hello everyone my name is Garik, I'm from Mesa, AZ. I will be building my very first rifle(s) (rifles in my signature). This will be a slow process because I still have to go to YouTube University. lol. I'm glad to be here thank you

Last edited by garikfox; 04-01-2023, 04:12 PM.
    WC 6mm ARC 18", ATLAS S-ONE, AERO M4E1 LWR, MAGPUL MOE SL, ZEISS Conquest V4 4-16x44mm
    CMMG 5.7x28mm 16", AERO X15 LWR, MAGPUL MOE SL, MEOPTA OPTIKA5 2-10x42mm
    RUGER-5.7 / GLOCK 43 / GLOCK 19 Gen5
  • grendelnubi
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

Welcome to the 65grendel forum. Looks like your on your way. Hard to beat Aero Precision.

There is a wealth of information out here. You should be able to find anything you need.

If you would, share with us what your plans are with the Grendel. Being in AZ, I'm sure it will involve desert shooting.

Comment

• garikfox
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2023

Thanks! It will go with me too the claims when I go Electronic Prospecting and there's an outdoor range about 15miles from my house I can go target shooting.
      WC 6mm ARC 18", ATLAS S-ONE, AERO M4E1 LWR, MAGPUL MOE SL, ZEISS Conquest V4 4-16x44mm

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Good luck! Might not be easy, at first, but it'll be worth it!
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• garikfox
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2023

Thanks! I was actually thinking of having the gun shop put together ($50) the lower. I just can't trust myself and i'm OCD so if i do it i will always tell myself "wonder if this is put together right even though it looks right" lol

Comment

• Rivercityjeff
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2022

Aero, Brownells, and Midway have youtube videos on AR assembly. You might give them a peek?

Comment

• garikfox
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2023

Thank you, I'll post pictures soon as it's assembled.

Comment

• GREYBUFF
                Warrior
                • Nov 2018

I can help you put that lower together. We don't live that far from each other.......
                I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• garikfox
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2023

Originally posted by GREYBUFF View Post
                  I can help you put that lower together. We don't live that far from each other.......
                  Thank you I appreciate that. I actually had it put together yesterday from EVT/Mr.Silencer on Greenfield and Broadway. I walked there since it was only 2700ft from my house in Sunland Village.

Comment

• garikfox
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2023

Here it is! It's a BUTE!

Comment

• Klem
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

garik,

Looks nice - tell us how she shoots.

(that mount might have to go forward on the rail to get the correct eye relief).

Comment

• GREYBUFF
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2018

Nice rifle. I'm jealous of the Ziess.....
                        I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• garikfox
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2023

Thanks! Yeah that's the only thing im not sure about yet is the eye distance. I'm going to sight it in with a laser soon. I only have like 15yds to do it with but that's better than nothing i guess hehee

Comment

• garikfox
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2023

Originally posted by GREYBUFF View Post
                            Nice rifle. I'm jealous of the Ziess.....
                            Thanks, Normally i wouldn't spend so much on a scope but I wanted a good one because a rifle is nothing without a scope in my opinion.

Comment

• Klem
                              Chieftain
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by garikfox View Post
                              Thanks! Yeah that's the only thing im not sure about yet is the eye distance. I'm going to sight it in with a laser soon. I only have like 15yds to do it with but that's better than nothing i guess hehee
                              garik,

I think you are talking about zeroing the rifle with the laser.

Eye relief is the gap between the ocular and your eye when shooting. Just saying, your scope is too far back over the stock. The ocular end of the scope needs to be about level with the charge handle. You can then adjust forward and back until there's maximum field of view, but no closer to your eye than necessary. You can do this in your garage before going to the Range.
                              Last edited by Klem; 04-06-2023, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X