X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 603Country
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2023

I hope you have hearing protection. With the muzzle brake, it will be loud. Really loud.

Comment

• garikfox
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2023

Originally posted by Klem View Post
      garik,

I think you are talking about zeroing the rifle with the laser.

Eye relief is the gap between the ocular and your eye when shooting. Just saying, your scope is too far back over the stock. The ocular end of the scope needs to be about level with the charge handle. You can then adjust forward and back until there's maximum field of view, but no closer to your eye than necessary. You can do this in your garage before going to the Range.
      Okay cool thanks, i measured it, it is about 1inch past the charging handle. I'll adjust it now

Last edited by garikfox; 04-06-2023, 04:52 PM.
      WC 6mm ARC 18", ATLAS S-ONE, AERO M4E1 LWR, MAGPUL MOE SL, ZEISS Conquest V4 4-16x44mm
      CMMG 5.7x28mm 16", AERO X15 LWR, MAGPUL MOE SL, MEOPTA OPTIKA5 2-10x42mm
      RUGER-5.7 / GLOCK 43 / GLOCK 19 Gen5

Comment

• garikfox
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2023

Originally posted by 603Country View Post
        I hope you have hearing protection. With the muzzle brake, it will be loud. Really loud.
        Yes i do thankfully. Wow i didnt know that it would be louder, oops i kinda didnt want that heh
        WC 6mm ARC 18", ATLAS S-ONE, AERO M4E1 LWR, MAGPUL MOE SL, ZEISS Conquest V4 4-16x44mm

Comment

• garikfox
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2023

Fixed

Comment

• Remington Jim
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2020

NICE BUILD - The Zeiss V4 is a GREAT - Clear Scope .

Comment

• biodsl
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2011

Welcome to the Horde. Congratulations on a nice, first build.

Keep an eye on that mount. Some of us (not me, fortunately) have had the Aero lightweight mounts failure over time. The mounts were designed for the lighter recoil of a 5.56. I'm not saying you'll have a problem but it's possible.
              Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• garikfox
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2023

Originally posted by Remington Jim View Post
                NICE BUILD - The Zeiss V4 is a GREAT - Clear Scope .
                Thank you sir!

Comment

• garikfox
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2023

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                  Welcome to the Horde. Congratulations on a nice, first build.

Keep an eye on that mount. Some of us (not me, fortunately) have had the Aero lightweight mounts failure over time. The mounts were designed for the lighter recoil of a 5.56. I'm not saying you'll have a problem but it's possible.
                  Thanks for that info. Wow that's crazy, I'll keep an eye on it. Do you think the brake will reduce recoil to help that? The brake i bought said it reduces recoil by %83. Not sure if that's accurate or not.

Comment

• mtnlvr
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by garikfox View Post
                    ... The brake i bought said it reduces recoil by %83. Not sure if that's accurate or not.
                    Reduces recoil by 83%? Or reduces recoil to 83% of a non-braked barrel?

Comment

• garikfox
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2023

Here's what the website says about it. I bought it from OpicsPlanet for 160 bucks.

Comment

• mtnlvr
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2019

Hmm...not sure what to make of those claims. Seems like the marketing department used some special marketing math!

It does look like this brake is essentially the Alamo Four Star brake which according to the following link is top notch. I bet it'll shoot damn smooth!

I'm still curious how they came up with that number.

This post provides a comprehensive view of the muzzle brake recoil reduction data gathered on all 4 rifles. You can dive deeper into the recoil data in these posts: How The Data Was Collected 6mm & 6.5mm Recoil Results 308 & 300 Mag Recoil Results To recap, here is a look at the 4 cartridges ...

Comment

• garikfox
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2023

I also read on them that if regular but stock movement from recoil is 4", with this equipped it reduces the stock recoil to only 0.25". I guess I'll find out

Comment

• garikfox
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2023

Got a case! Now we wait for zombie apocalypse lol

Comment

• VASCAR2
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Comment

• garikfox
                                Bloodstained
                                • Mar 2023

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X