X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poli
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2014

Called Brownells again and this time talked with a gunsmith/technician. The barrel it's a button manufactured by Satern and it comes without a bolt.

Comment

Are you sure about that? Mine came with a bolt.

Originally posted by poli View Post
      Called Brownells again and this time talked with a gunsmith/technician. The barrel it's a button manufactured by Satern and it comes without a bolt.

Comment

• poli
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
        Are you sure about that? Mine came with a bolt.
        That's what the Brownells technician told me. I then asked how much a bolt is (I'm new to building AR's so don't have a clear image of prices) and he told me about one which is $100. The price for the barrel is close to the one at Midway and considering that both are manufactured by Satern I was a bit surprised when he said that it doesn't come with a bold. On the other hand Trock03 mentioned in post #27 about quality difference in finish between this one the the AR Stoner, so maybe this being a higher quality in finish makes it more expensive...

Comment

• Tedward
          Banned
          • Feb 2013

Brownells barrels come with a bolt, I got one.

Comment

• poli
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
            Brownells barrels come with a bolt, I got one.
            Then he didn't know...

Comment

• Tedward
              Banned
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by poli View Post
              Then he didn't know...
              Hate to say it but he probably didn't know much of anything.
              Looking at the similarity of the rifling, bolts, barrel extension and engraving, I think they are Liberty. Satern is not allowed to disclose that information so I didn't ask more than one time, but I feel they are both made by them. Also Brownells says in the description, "AR15/M16/308AR Barrels in various calibers machined and finished to Brownell’s specifications right here in Iowa" the same state as Satern.

Comment

• Trock03
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2012

Poli - Was the Brownells tech you spoke to implying that they have bolts for sale?

When I first bought the Stoner barrel from Midway I spoke to them about buying a spare bolt. Their response was that they didn't plan on offering bolts separately. Seems like offering legitimate Grendel bolts would be a money-making opportunity....especially when the rest of the shooting community catches on.

Comment

• poli
                  Bloodstained
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Trock03 View Post
                  Poli - Was the Brownells tech you spoke to implying that they have bolts for sale?
                  Honestly I only asked him how much a bold would be; he said something about $100 so I assumed that they had bolts for sale but didn't mention if they had it in stock. Since I was interested in a barrel with bolt, I didn't continue the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                  X