its beginning to look alot like xmas....to soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

I got to break in the barrel today. I didn't get to finish and sight in the rifle at all. Out of 50 rounds only the last 10 were at paper. I had to end my session in a hurry before I wanted to. My friend had to show his ranch to a potential buyer and asked me to stop.

The 10 shots on paper were fired from an mildly supported position in rapid succesion with factory hornady 123sst. Most shots were within an inch and had a few outside the main area and opened up to less than 3" I think. Wind was picking up and gusty shooting off the back of my truck with a single sandbag. I'll see if I can find the target and take a photo.

I ran it through the chrony F1 I have and most of the time it registered around 2490-2520 low end was 2470 high end was 2580

I think it had to do with liquid in the barrel from cleaning causing increased pressure.

Cleaning it out was pretty easy it never got much copper fouling after the first few shots after that it was a small flake here or there. After a 5 shot string it didn't have any copper and at the end there wasn't any copper.

I didn't have a chance to chrony with the suppressor yet or zero the rifle. But moving the scope from the other barrel it was only a couple inches low at 100 although it was sighted in at 200 on the other rifle. So it shouldn't take long to get it where I need it to be.

BTW one dead pig this morning shot with a .260 by my friend after he went out to look for his cell phone that fell out if the jeep in the oat field last night. He claims the pig was trying to eat his phone and it was in his mouth.....he'd probably still be looking for it if he hasn't of got that porker.

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Kikn View Post
      BTW one dead pig this morning shot with a .260 by my friend after he went out to look for his cell phone that fell out if the jeep in the oat field last night. He claims the pig was trying to eat his phone and it was in his mouth.....he'd probably still be looking for it if he hasn't of got that porker.
      Maybe the pig was calling for a pizza?
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Kikn
        Warrior
        • Nov 2011

Wiw!!! Now I'm hungry and pizza sounds so good

Comment

• Kikn
          Warrior
          • Nov 2011

Dug out the feed sack with the first 10 on paper. Looks like its going to be good. I'll try and get some groups tomorrow and see how well it can do.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Kikn
            Warrior
            • Nov 2011

Weather isn't going to cooperate... still haven't sighted in the gun. But I'm going to liberty hill for sure tomorrow so I'll sight it in there. And try my luck at distance in the rain and cold. Hopefully its covered....

Comment

• Kikn
              Warrior
              • Nov 2011

After making an adjustment 3 days ago after breaking in the barrel (1mil up) I shot today to set my 200 yard zero. This was the first 3 shots. I made one adjustment -.1 mil and hit dead center bull next shot. Done deal.

Time was of the essence so I only shot steel from then on. At 300 and 530 yards. It was kind of windy and I was having issues getting settled as is to many misses to speak of.

Not liberty hill as they are closed Monday & Tuesday and now I just have enough ammo to hunt with. Probably won't shoot anything today as I have a bow in my hand but there will still be a drive by oppertunity at another spot that has a motion light 185 yards from the road
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kikn View Post
                I got to break in the barrel today. I didn't get to finish and sight in the rifle at all. Out of 50 rounds only the last 10 were at paper. I had to end my session in a hurry before I wanted to. My friend had to show his ranch to a potential buyer and asked me to stop.

The 10 shots on paper were fired from an mildly supported position in rapid succesion with factory hornady 123sst. Most shots were within an inch and had a few outside the main area and opened up to less than 3" I think. Wind was picking up and gusty shooting off the back of my truck with a single sandbag. I'll see if I can find the target and take a photo.

I ran it through the chrony F1 I have and most of the time it registered around 2490-2520 low end was 2470 high end was 2580

I think it had to do with liquid in the barrel from cleaning causing increased pressure.

Cleaning it out was pretty easy it never got much copper fouling after the first few shots after that it was a small flake here or there. After a 5 shot string it didn't have any copper and at the end there wasn't any copper.

I didn't have a chance to chrony with the suppressor yet or zero the rifle. But moving the scope from the other barrel it was only a couple inches low at 100 although it was sighted in at 200 on the other rifle. So it shouldn't take long to get it where I need it to be.

This doesn't sound good unless your friend is going to buy another ranch with more pigs and bigger deer.

Comment

• Kikn
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Ridz View Post
                  This doesn't sound good unless your friend is going to buy another ranch with more pigs and bigger deer.
                  He is getting a new ranch.he is just divorcing himself from his family and taking the split.
                  Just found out today everyone has accepted the offer. So this will be one of the last hunts here I have... but i should get one or two more before the final closing.

BTW I got a pig tonight with the bow. I'll post a link and video in another thread after it uploads.

Comment

Working...
                  X