X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1Shot
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

The ELD-M sounds like it reacts like the Sierra Match Kings 30 cal. 150 and 168 gr that I tried for a while on deer back when I was doing crop damage control. Some times they came apart and killed like the Berger VLD with big exits and other times they went through like a FMJ.

I think you will like the Speer Gold Dot.

Comment

• gwtx
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by 1Shot View Post
      The ELD-M sounds like it reacts like the Sierra Match Kings 30 cal. 150 and 168 gr that I tried for a while on deer back when I was doing crop damage control. Some times they came apart and killed like the Berger VLD with big exits and other times they went through like a FMJ.

I think you will like the Speer Gold Dot.
      I think DNS had the same to say about the ELD-M. That's ok if I can get situated/steady enough to "pierce" their ear , but for follow up shots on the runners I need more/better terminal performance. Haven't found the sweet spot for the GD's in my rifle yet, but getting close. Thanks for the input.
      When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• gwtx
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by sundowner View Post
        Congrats on the Yote .
        Thanks for the reply.
        When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• 1Shot
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

One thing about the 120 Gold Dot that I discovered in my case is that Speers load data for it is WAY TOO conservative. I am using IMR 8208 and a bit more than what Speer list as max and I load at a COAL longer. The COAL is too long to work through Elander mags but works fine through ASC/ArStoner mags. In MY 20" BCA barrel which the 120 GD is dedicated as THE hunting bullet I get average 2550 fps with sub MOA accuracy.

Comment

• gwtx
            Warrior
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by 1Shot View Post
            One thing about the 120 Gold Dot that I discovered in my case is that Speers load data for it is WAY TOO conservative. I am using IMR 8208 and a bit more than what Speer list as max and I load at a COAL longer. The COAL is too long to work through Elander mags but works fine through ASC/ArStoner mags. In MY 20" BCA barrel which the 120 GD is dedicated as THE hunting bullet I get average 2550 fps with sub MOA accuracy.
            Thanks 1Shot. I have done a little work with them(GD 120's) as time and weather allows. I'm using H335 because ArComp was scarce around here, and I use it for my dedicated hunting loads(123 SST). I thought maybe the H335 would be a little bit more available,,,doesn't look that way now. So, yeah the speer data is on the conservative/liability end of the spectrum. At 28.0 (H335) my 18" bbl got 2502fps on the one round I chrono'd. The group was not real good. Everything else looks ok. I'll do some more work and see what happens. It looks like the MagnetoSpeed has a significant effect on my POI, so I need to chrono a few rounds without attention to group size and see what I can find. So far, this rifle shoots 3 different 123gr bullets to very nearly the same poi, no need to adjust, and all are running 2535 to 2550fps.
            Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Working...
            X