X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Here is the 'analysus' of the shots and bullet performance. I did not list this as 18+ and will leave it like this until YouTube tells me that is in inappropriate because of the blood and tissue pics...

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Thanks for the bullet info .

Comment

• tdbru
        Warrior
        • Dec 2019

DNS,
        how accurate are the 85gr. Maker T-Rex bullets? are you getting small groups with them?
        thanks,
        -tdbru

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

I have not shot the Maker T-Rex bullets. Ben has. If you watch the video, IIRC, the information you see is in there.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
            Warrior
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by tdbru View Post
            DNS,
            how accurate are the 85gr. Maker T-Rex bullets? are you getting small groups with them?
            thanks,
            -tdbru

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
              Warrior
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
              I am killing hogs with the TTSX 100 gr. I would take it any day of the week over the Sierra Varminter 85s that I tried. However, I am really NOT impressed with the expansion of the bullet. I don't think a 115 gr. version will offer any expansion benefits unless they change the metallurgy or skiving. The 100 gr. seems to penetrate just fine. I would be afraid that the 115 gr. version would give you more penetration but less damage. More penetration won't matter all that much if the bullet has exited the body (talking deer and hog-sized game). In other words, if 115 gr. gives you the potential for 20" of penetration, but you have a deer that is only 14" wide, that extra 6" isn't damaging anything.
              look into the 115gr ttsx...it's got more letters to it 'tac-tx' i believe, they are designed to open down to 1400 fps, the 'tax-tx' line up are designed for short barrel suppressed rigs, they started with 100gr for the 300 blackout, they appear to have larger poly tip, i'd have to guess deeper cuts and thinner petals, in order to perform better slower, the 100gr 6.5 ttsx is well known to be a hard bullet to find recovered out of anything stronger than a grendel, they are considered at the extreme end of 'delayed controlled expansion' spectrum, up there with a-frames and partitions etc...

still can't find anyone putting these 115's into gel or hogs yet but they should be what you're after, a blend between those 100 ttsx and those 85 trx....higher sd to keep penetration up but more opening up to slow it down, it should give your penetration and expansion goals

i have some of the factory ammo on hand but nothing to test on, it does look like ideal barnes bullet for grendels, for anyone wanting a mono that is...

Comment

Working...
              X