• dsmless
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2018

IMG_1668.jpeg

Comment

• dsmless
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2018

Have a turkey day deer hunt that my nephew will be humping the 6.5grnd around and then a javalina hunt for my daughter that I will humping the 6.5grnd around for her so will keep this thread going.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

awesome, got 2 whitetail does and an antelope doe also this season with 16.1" barrel and hornady black, 250, 200 and 183 yards, all drt's, exits and a lot of lost meat on the shoulders, puts us at 7 species now and 18 kills over 6 seasons, same ammo, for only burning 30 grains of powder it's pretty remarkable, I tried 3 times to fill my cow elk tag and ran into bulls, last year was the opposite so still looking for species number 8, next year will try again, funny thing is I picked up a 308 to play with and on one of the hunts got to select it's preferred ammo of 8 tested and the only two that went sub moa was hornady eld-m match (regular white box) and fusion 180's, .6" ctc for 3 shot groups with a 6x scope laying prone on a bipod...promptly shot a small rack fat body whitetail buck about 175 yards with the 308 and took heart without destroying a shoulder so it was able to do a few hops to 15 yards....funny it was shorter shot distance and longest recovery of all 4 animals so far this season lol...the little grendel that can

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
          Warrior
          • Sep 2023

Originally posted by dsmless View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]19998[/ATTACH]
          That looks like a dandy meat stash!

Originally posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
          hornady black, 250, 200 and 183 yards
          Was that the 123gr ELD-M loads?
          From my cold dead endmill...

Comment

• dsmless
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Konocti's Wigwam View Post
            That looks like a dandy meat stash!

Was that the 123gr ELD-M loads?
            Yes, just 123g eldm loads. Off shelf boxes. These usually put a 3shot touching group
            At 100yds.

Comment

• Timitus
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2022

Out of all your game taken with the Grendel how many where high shoulder shots versus a meat saver shot?

Comment

• dsmless
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2018

We always strive for meat saver shots intot he boiler room. I cant think of a high shoulder taken shot. Will try this on the upcoming coues deer hunt in a couple weeks. I guess your asking if this round can anchor them down or drop them on the spot a ranges over 200 yards. If this is so, then let me come back with the results in a couple weeks.

Comment

• Timitus
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2022

Thanks. I look forward to your future input.
                  Last edited by Timitus; 11-10-2023, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• dsmless
                    Bloodstained
                    • Nov 2018

Well this weekend we had alot of good success on our youth deer/javalina hunt. We had 3 deer tags and 3 javalina tags. We filled 2 deer and 1 javalina. However the 2 deer were taken with a 6.5creedmoor Christensen rifle at 270 and 250yds. The Javalina was taken with the same elk slaying grendel at 203yds 1 shot and DRT off a tripod shooting down into a canyon. Unfortunalty no deer were harmed with the grendel this deer camp.IMG_2166.jpeg

Comment

• Timitus
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2022

Thanks for the update. That sounds like it was a great weekend.

Comment

• dsmless
                        Bloodstained
                        • Nov 2018

This was a great weekend, really tries your patience hunting with teenagers. However I think this is how all them hunting mentors or dads go thru when teaching kids hunting skills. Im taking my wife and bro in law coues deer hunting this coming weekend so will report back if we get shot with the grendel.

Comment

• biodsl
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by dsmless View Post
                          We always strive for meat saver shots intot he boiler room. I cant think of a high shoulder taken shot. Will try this on the upcoming coues deer hunt in a couple weeks. I guess your asking if this round can anchor them down or drop them on the spot a ranges over 200 yards. If this is so, then let me come back with the results in a couple weeks.
                          I just watched this Backfire video a couple of days ago. He sure seems to make the case for a high shoulder shot.
                          Last edited by biodsl; 12-03-2023, 10:58 PM.
                          Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Constitutionalist
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2016

Congratulations to all the young hunters!

Comment

• dsmless
                              Bloodstained
                              • Nov 2018

No deer were harmed this recent trip. Just could not get on them. Unfortunatly the season here is just open for late archery now. I could blast a coyote with the 6.5 but thats about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X