PDW trunk gun quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is way cool. Wonder if one of those neoprene sleeves is in order for the extension tube....

Comment

• jwilson1985

im sure you could ,its the same size about.. but i dont know if the stock would clear it when it fully collapsed. the stock will go all the way to that plate that holds the rods for it

Comment

• jwilson1985

http://youtu.be/kyHdKEV5AIk finally ready

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Do want!!!
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Originally posted by Variable View Post
            I wish we had some glass data on the Wolf 120 MPT and the Hornady 123's out of the Grendel. I guess I should load up the 120 Barne's bullets, but I'm poor and lazy, so I'd rather sit on my current stash if they were sufficient.
            Hey Variable, if you get a chance check out my pictures. It's here
            A while back i thought i read somewhere that the military was looking closely at the grendel.... does anyone know if that is true? If our round were adopted , i bet it would get a lot cheaper to shoot! Thanks.

Post #75
            If these Wolf 120s MPT can do this to 7/16" steel, I would think a windshield wouldn't stand a chance.

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Wow... Well said! X10!

Originally posted by Variable View Post
              My replies are below. I'm not trying to antagonize or belittle you, heck I don't even entirely disagree with you. I just don't see anyone here having anything to worry about at the level we currently discuss things.

To a certain degree I agree with you on that point, but the only thing that can be done about it at this point in time is to shine the light on what they are doing wherever possible and motivate others to become involved politically to stop it. Kinda that whole Tea Party thing that is going on right now as we speak... Just rolling over and not discussing it certainly won't make it go away. Regardless of country. Silence and darkness are exactly the environmental conditions within which they thrive.

On that point you'd be in trouble with the rest of us by simply being registered and posting here-- if they were holding such a tight standard. Are you an NRA member?(don't feel obligated to answer!), if so: then you are already a card carrying member of a far more dangerous organization with many times more political involvement than the Grendel board. They'd need to round up 4 million card carrying members before they had to worry if they'd missed any here for mearly discussing how we think things are headed down the crapper.

They are welcome to "list" me as they like, they already have my photographs, finger prints, DNA, signatures, video, etc., etc., etc. What more could "they" want?

Any hypothetical future political entity so bent on tracking down possible dissidents (for political thought in conjunction/proximity to a gun board) would spend so much time backcrawling the great web cache that we'd die of natural causes first. Heck, just Arfcom alone would take at least a hundred years to unwind.

Could the U.S. have a dark political future ahead? You betcha, but only if we don't speak out truthfully and openly while educating others and actively participating in the legal political venues we still have currently open to us (as so brilliantly provided to us by the astoundingly prescient founding fathers our Creator saw fit to bless this nation with!!!!).

Only then, and IF that should fail, would we be ultimately forced to resort to our 2nd ammendment rights (as also so brilliantly provided by those wise old fellas!).

My Oath(s) were all sworn to uphold and protect the U.S. Constitution. I take them very seriously. No dictators or grand imperial leaders for me.

Comment

But if I told what I use for a truck gun Variable would leave his mountaintop in WV and kick my door in...
                Joking guys
                I have thought of using for a Truck gun ---a 9mm Carbine to get home to the 5.56 and 30-06. But the best bet would be the 5.56mm in my simple opinion.

in a STHF scenerio of total social political breakdown my caliber choice would be 5.56/.223, .22LR, .30-06 or .308
                my 2d worth

Comment

sgt_murph

Those choices would suggest that someone expects to survive long enough to need resupply!

I've not followed the shtf forums but I suspect the serious folk have thought through things like defensible space, teams large enough to allow rotation of duty and sleep time, food growing or gathering, etc.

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

The Ruger PC 9 carbine with 33 round clips. Using Winchester Ranger ammo.
                    Last edited by Guest; 11-18-2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

I think Sheepdawg has the right mindset. My objectives for a trunk gun would be:
                      1) Reasonably available caliber, rifle OR pistol
                      2) Something that I can tolerate being stolen (assuming some toads take some pry bars to my car while I'm not present) or lost (car succumbs to a flash flood, hurricane, etc.)
                      3) Something that allows me to scare off bad guys at least 50 yds away
                      4) Something that can be easily reloaded and manipulated in a confined environment (guess that means I won't be packin my flintlock )

Honestly, a Hi-Point rifle in 9mm or .40 would work just fine, or even an AK.

I honestly think Variable nailed it though. Try not to over-think this stuff

Comment

Originally posted by OldCannon View Post
                        2) Something that I can tolerate being stolen (assuming some toads take some pry bars to my car while I'm not present) or lost (car succumbs to a flash flood, hurricane, etc.)
                        A point many of us overlook!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Sheepdawg View Post
                          The Ruger PC 9 carbine with 33 round clips. Using Winchester Ranger ammo.
                          Sheepdawg
                          Actually once I replied I looked those up (as well as the High point) on GB to see what the going rate was vs a AR in 9mm or 5.56mm. As I already have 9mm pistol as my truck gun the Carbine in the same caliber makes sense. even though I like the 5.56 option for the range etc etc. The only down side I see to those carbine is mag interchange, which really is not a great big deal but is a added bonus. Actually if I wanted that route I would not even think too much about the interchange of mag rather places to store 200 rounds of 9mm ball

Oh yeah Joe I do plan to survive long enough to need resupply (after reading your reply the wife asked me what I was smiling about I told her she chuckled too.)
                          Last edited by Guest; 11-18-2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Glad I made your day better!

Comment

• txgunner00
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by OldCannon View Post
                              I think Sheepdawg has the right mindset. My objectives for a trunk gun would be:
                              1) Reasonably available caliber, rifle OR pistol
                              3) Something that allows me to scare off bad guys at least 50 yds away
                              4) Something that can be easily reloaded and manipulated in a confined environment (guess that means I won't be packin my flintlock )

Honestly, a Hi-Point rifle in 9mm or .40 would work just fine, or even an AK.

I honestly think Variable nailed it though. Try not to over-think this stuff

This is exactly why I have an inexpensive Mak 90 for my truck gun. Reliable and good for a man sized target to 300 yds. I have several rifles that would be "better" but I leave those in the safe.

I definitely like the concept and design of jwilsons weapon. I got to get me one of those.
                              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                                Glad I made your day better!
                                Brother Joe
                                when ya crackin jokes as well as others on here it always makes my day. Like the banter and going back and forth on silly stuff that don't mount to a hill of beans comments provides comical relief.

Txgunner
                                which jwilsons are your referring to??? the 5.56 LOKI? if that is the one that is definately a nice tool to have

Comment

Working...
                                X