• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Rebels010 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. What are some of the barrel lengths and gas systems that you do recommend for suppressed Grendel shooting?
    20" RLGS is very quiet and doesn't seem to stress the system generally speaking.

CLGS with minimal plug dwell (like 10.5-12.7") seem to do well, with the right port diameters and gas systems.

I'm using Bootleg Adjustable gas carrier and an extra power action spring to keep mine tame. Seems to be working well so far, but I really need to accumulate thousands of rounds before making more definitive statements, and that's taking into consideration a sample size of one.

The only way you could do worse than 18" MLGS with a standard suppressor would be to go CLGS 18", which will be hard enough on itself as it is.

18" ILGS or RLGS is really the way to go on 18", unless you have a flow-though can like OSS or LaRue.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Mdstevens
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2017

I have the Omega with the flat cap that gets work on 11.5" and 16" 5.56, 10.5" 300blk, 18"and 22" 308 Bolt and gas gun, 22" 6.5 CM and 18" and 12.5" Grendel. I love it and haven't had any trouble with the ASR mounts, like people were having with the early ones.

Comment

• STXjake
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by bowhunter View Post
        Q Trash Panda, mine should be here any day from here on out!

Comment

• blackhog
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2014

Comment

Working...
          X