• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HickLife
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by imaguy3 View Post
    Good choice on the suppressor.. but why spend the extra money on the nox device over using the dead air devices?
    The nox device has a compensator and flash hider built into it, and it is actually only a dollar more right now than the dead air device. Since I am building 2 pretty short pistols (potentially sbrs one day) at 10.5 and 12.5. I don't want to use a muzzle brake on them but I would also like to have some compensation with it, that was one thing drawing me towards the surefire suppressors, I really like what I see about the warcomp. Plus they are based out of Texas, supporting Texas businesses is big for me.

Comment

• imaguy3
      Warrior
      • Mar 2018

I guess I just assumed you would have the suppressor on them when shooting them.. you can only shoot one at a time and you can easily swap the can back and forth with no adverse affects to your zeros. Since getting my can I haven't shot any of my guns without it.

Interestingly, on all 3 of my suppressed guns (16" pencil barrel, 16" midweight barrel, and a 24" carbon tube), the POI change is exactly 2" lower with the can.

Comment

• HickLife
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2018

Honestly I'll probably only use it for longer range and hunting stuff. I plan on doing some rifle courses with my 10.5" and do some running and gunning (maybe 3 gun), kinda defeats the purpose of building a short cqbish gun when you throw a 6" can on the end imo. Although the 10.5 would still be a great mid range gun (5-600yrds) from what I understand.

I'll probably use it all the time on my 24" though , and use it more on my 12.5 than the 10.5. Just depends on what I am doing or how I feel that day.

Comment

• Bearcatrp
          Warrior
          • Apr 2018

Get the sandman-s. Works great on my 12 inch Grendel. Could even shoot without ear plugs if needed. Use it on my 300BO also. Tried it on my 308 AR but a bit to loud so hoping to get the L down the road.

Comment

• STXjake
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2018

The sandman S is an awesome can.
            The YHM resonator is another great qd can at an exceptional price

Comment

Working...
            X