• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keystone183
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    Yes. The reason is that the efficiency of the suppressor gets better with length/volume, so more back pressure is created from the longer cans on a gas gun.

The Ultra 7 is a better choice for shooter's ear on an AR15 for that reason, along with selecting a .30 Cal can and not a can meant for .224 or 6.5mm.
    The video i'm thinking of was posted on arf. I can't find it or that thread though. Do you remember this, or know where the video is? Or just remember if the 7 was the sweet spot at shooters ear or if 5 was quieter?

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Bill A. noticed it when he was working with Ray on suppressing Grendel AR15s when they tested the Ultra 7 and Ultra 9.

Here's a Ultra 5/7/9 .30 cal and 6.5mm cans on a 20" AA 6.5 Grendel AR15 with readings off to the right side of the ejection port/shooter's ear:

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mel
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2019

perfect ty just intime to i head to salt lake tommorow to put my order in

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

So both 7" reduced more sound then the 5"ers and the 30 cal was a little better then the 6.5 at shooters ear on a gas gun is what i got out of that.

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Mhan7
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2020

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
              If i have the ability or time to put hearing pro on i still do though. Shooting out of an ar with an ejection port is louder then a bolt gun to.
              You can always get an adjustable gas block/bolt carrier with an "Off" position, and cycle the rounds manually. Works a charm with a BCG that has a side charging handle. Sort of like having a part time bolt gun. A suppressor is another great justification for that combo.

Comment

• peak98
                Warrior
                • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Mhan7 View Post
                A suppressor is another great justification for that combo.

Comment

• Mhan7
                  Bloodstained
                  • Nov 2020

When you're in a forum that's dedicated to 6.5 Grendel, you already know that you're not in an "every man's" shooting club, though don't you?

Comment

Working...
                  X