• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Brazz04 View Post
    I guess I should have prefaced my post with something to the affect of "if you have a lathe and are competent with turning/threading/machining then you can make a form 1 suppressor for a fraction of a factory can". As Mel and ricsmall show, if you have that kind of access then by all means go for it. If you are getting into a form 1 to shortcut the wait time and thinking you'll only have to drill some holes, then it's best to save your money and buy a factory can. If you're buying the parts, assembling it, drilling holes, and clipping baffles, expect to spend 500+ on a form 1 can (including the stamp) that is of much quality.
    i only used the lathe to drill my baffles other then that i bought everything else , when i do another one only change ill make is a ti tube instead of an al tube
    if i wanted to i could have machined every piece on my own , but it would have cost more then buying the parts sepreatly once i factor in my time

Comment

• Brazz04
      Warrior
      • Aug 2018

What components did you use that only cost $125 total? I'd get back into it at that price

Comment

• mel
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Brazz04 View Post
        What components did you use that only cost $125 total? I'd get back into it at that price
        ill drop ya some linked when i get out of work

Comment

• CMoor
          Unwashed
          • Jun 2020

I have 7 cans my favorites are the Form 1s and they are just as good or better than my factory cans. I use a Harvester 300 and a Form1 1.5 x 8 inch can on my 6.5's and my homemade one is just slightly more accurate.
          Cost.
          Harvester $750
          Titanium can $450

All of my factory cans cost more and took upwards of 11 months to get my forms back. My Form1 builds on average took 4 weeks from submission of a Form 1 to taking it out shooting. One can was done with just a hand drill the rest with a mill and or a lathe. I have seen and heard of people building very successful cans with just drills and dremils.

Comment

• mel
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2019

my buddy is one that talked me into doing one by bringing one of his cans over for me to try to compare to an oem can
            [video]
            cant argue with how good it works

Comment

Working...
            X