X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhino1967
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2022

When I jumped in I bought based on price/durability and have the YHM Resonator 2 (30 cal) a little heavy but has very easy to work with requirements for minimum barrel lengths that all my AR's fit within. I shoot all the time without hearing protection and LOVE that can... for me its nearly perfect. even though its a lil bit heavy (I do use the YHM QD Flashhiders on my AR pistols and Brakes on my long barrels. Not the ridiculous old style YHM Phantom devices their modern muzzle devices are very attractive and bombproof (but a hair heavy). Plus I use the Kurz QD mount for the can which drops more than an inch off the length, and some of the weight

Right now I have the Energetic Armament VOX S in NFA Jail... patiently waiting for my stamp on that one should be in the next couple weeks, ill update after that first range trip but it was the best in the industry for 2020, out of some special rocket booster metals so light and strong AF.

Make sure your can is in the universal thread pattern 1.375x24 TPI pattern... thats compatible with all the popular QD offerings from the major mfg

Do yourself a favor, spend as much time selective your QD as you do your can, I love- my YHM but everyone has a different thing they are going after... choose 1 and use it before you buy a muzzle device for every xthreaded barrel you have. Choosing the wrong one can get very expensive if ya drop per gun and cant stand the choice ya made!

Comment

• PVBoom
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

I just started.

I have an Otter Creek PR65L in jail (old model).

These days, suppressor manufacturers have wisened up and the products are HUB compatible, meaning a number of different mounting solutions will work, no more lock in.

From what I researched, I am not going direct thread because of barrel threading differences (223 vs 264), I will have one can to start with and I don't want to abuse the can unnecessarily.

To that end, using an MD that serves as a brake will help reduce wear on the primary baffle.

So I am going with Rearden DPB MDs. There are other choices out there.

Comment

• BD264
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2017

I have an Energetic Armament Vox-s.

Also, I just got my EA Lux6.5 out of ATF jail.

Comment

• Scouttracker
          Unwashed
          • Jul 2022

I running a YHM RESONATOR R2 30cal. And love it. 22lr to 300 rem ultra mag. But I would not recommend shooting rim fire due to the fact you can not take it apart to clean. QD adapters are available for all thread pitches.
          " He who angers you ! Controls you !"

Comment

• Warlock
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2018

I have an Omega 300 that I use on multiple rifles. Due to Sico's policy regarding veterans, I paid $700.00 for the can without the tax stamp. I realize the Omega isn't the least expensive, full titanium can out there but I would say the money I paid for it is well worth it.

The Omega is stupid quiet when I put it on my 6.5 Grendel gas gun.
            You only think you're alone

Comment

• Harpoon1
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Warlock View Post
              I have an Omega 300 that I use on multiple rifles. Due to Sico's policy regarding veterans, I paid $700.00 for the can without the tax stamp. I realize the Omega isn't the least expensive, full titanium can out there but I would say the money I paid for it is well worth it.

The Omega is stupid quiet when I put it on my 6.5 Grendel gas gun.

Comment

• Warlock
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2018

Dude, don't try to blame me for that silly grin on your face!

Maybe the "administration" will realize that paying for the stamp is just another form of bail and will outlaw it instantly!

Yeah, me either.

Maybe I should add, the information above is veiled sarcasm. sometime one never knows.
                Last edited by Warlock; 09-13-2022, 09:45 PM.
                You only think you're alone

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2018

@Harpoon1

How do you like your can(s)? What all did you buy?

Comment

• Harpoon1
                    Chieftain
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
                    @Harpoon1

How do you like your can(s)? What all did you buy?
                    This is the only one I have https://silencerco.com/silencers/harvester-evo/
                    Last edited by Harpoon1; 09-26-2023, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X