Bloodstained
    • Dec 2020

Comment

• Klem
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Eye,

Good advice here.

I will add that it pays to do your part if fitting a suppressor. By that i mean that you make sure there is a quality thread on your muzzle, and you are prepared to manage the cycling. Your gas pressures in various parts of the gun are going to change. And by thread I mean that the shoulder needs to be as square to the bore as it can be, to maximise stability of gasses around the exiting bullet. Cheap and cheerful barrels are threaded with the expectation a flash hider or brake is going on them and for that precision does not matter. The longer the suppressor's exit port is from your muzzle's thread shoulder, the more likely being square matters. One way to ensure this is to get the suppressor manufacturer to thread the barrel, or you can ask a gunsmith to check - same principle as why we square the receiver snout to fix any manufacturer errors.

The difference between a flash hider and muzzle break inside a suppressor will not be noticed. A suppressor is probably the most efficient muzzle break available with all the rearward facing surface areas.

You can have the same weight as a titanium can if the manufacturer uses a blend of steel and aluminum. Steel for the first baffle where it's the highest pressure and aluminum for everywhere else. An overbarrel direct thread is another way to cut down the felt weight, by having some of the can back along the barrel so there's less out the front. If you don't have exposed barrel on an AR to spare then it will have to be muzzle-forward, which is more perceived weight and longer gun.

Your can will have to come off as soon as you're finished using it. Those things are moisture traps, All the burnt powder turns into corrosive salts at the worst place it can be - the barrel.

Yes, no suppressor makes a gun hearing safe. They keep the noise down but there are other benefits.

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
        Warrior
        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Eye_guy View Post
        POI shift
        Can anyone provide feedback on some of the other titanium cans mentioned above? Nomad TI, Enticer s-ti, and the hydrogen s?
        I think the Dead Air QD system is great! POI shift is very minimal.

The suppressor can only go on one way, same every time. Never backs off. No threads to gunk up.

Now, they have a small one port brake.

The Nomad Ti meters the same as the Sandman-S I have. I am happy with my Sandman. Looking forward to getting my Nomad Ti for the weight reduction on my non-shorties.

Video shows how the keymo system works.

Last edited by Happy2Shoot; 02-11-2023, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Eye_guy
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2020

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
            Warrior
            • Nov 2018

Looks like a great choice!

Comment

• HoustonHipster6.5
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2021

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
              I got the Sandman S because I have some 8" and 12" AR's. I have a Nomad Ti on hold with the feds because the Sandman is a pig. Go light weight.
              I run the Sandman-S on my shorties, 12" Grendel, 10.5" 5.56, 8" 300BLK. The gas to the face was bad - 5.56 was the worst. I installed adjustable gas blocks and it got much better. Highly recommend. Aero Precision AGB is easiest to adjust on the fly.

Comment

Working...
              X