• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
    Looks like a great start. They will surely multiply.
    Listen to this guy he speaks of truth there is wisdom in his words.....and probably experience...

Comment

• RMiller
      Warrior
      • Mar 2018

Trying a different scope mount.

gren new mount.jpeg

Comment

• RMiller
        Warrior
        • Mar 2018

The Classic barrel and 129 Hornady spire point and H335. 100 yards.

This is not a good combo for this rifle.

I have never seen a group this big from any rifle ever. The wolf group of 3" was immediately after though.

grendel a.jpeg

grendel c.jpeg
        Last edited by RMiller; 06-03-2018, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• Unlucky7
          Unwashed
          • May 2018

Looking to put glass on my new Grendel . Will the Nikon P 308 work or are the ballistics that much different . Its an A R style Grendel . I love that type of glass . have a P223 series on my AR that is great

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

That'll work. Just be aware that the BDC isn't anything more than a guide, you'll want to test things to see if you're still "minute of game" at distance. BDCs aren't usable in any application until verified, and most of the time they're deceptive. If your ammo and rifle produce variables identical - or very close - to the ones used in creating a calibrated reticle, fine. But the odds of that happening when buying a BDC off the shelf are very nearly nil.

Grendel is fairly close to 308, especially when you zero at about an inch and a half high at 100. That should make you generally able to hit paper plates out to 400 or so with the bdc. You'd want to test that.
            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• bman940
              Unwashed
              • Apr 2018

Nikon's P-308 BDC will work just fine for your Grendel. Just make sure you go in to Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program and enter your shooting data for the Grendel so that you will get the best downrange accuracy you can. Chronographing is always a huge help too. Shooting quality ammo that doesn't have much deviation round to round will help as well. Feel free to drop me a note if you need any help with Spot On. My buddies and I have used it on multiple occasions to shoot soda cans past 600 yards. That should make hitting a deer or coyote a lot easier. As others have said, practice practice practice and keep your rifle clean.
              Bart
              Nikon Prostaff since 2010
              Nikon riflescope user from 1984

Comment

• RMiller
                Warrior
                • Mar 2018

Loaded some new ones this time. They are purty though.

100 TTSX on H335.Grendel TTSX.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                X