PSA 12 inch 6.5 Grendel just arrived......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdewitt71
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

PSA 12 inch 6.5 Grendel just arrived......

If it shoots as good as it looks, for $349 (Upper w/ BCG & Charging handle); I will be very happy.

Adj gas block, very nicely machined Midwest Industries rail, BCG is laser etched with "6.5 Grendel" which is a nice surprise.

I slapped it on my Punisher SBR lower and put a SpitFire AR I had sitting around on it.
    I am thinking of making an all FDE pistol out of it with a Maxim brace and a 1-6x ACSS Scope down the road....
    But, it does make a great addition to my 18 inch for sure as it sits.

― George Orwell
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Very nice, looks like yours came with an adjustable gas block. Be sure and post how your PSA shoots!

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      Very nice, looks like yours came with an adjustable gas block. Be sure and post how your PSA shoots!
      Congrats! It certainly does look nice. And I'll echo Vascar; we need a range report!
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

I'm interested to see how yours cycles with 90gr TNT Federal AE if you have any.

With my Maxim PDW brace and the powerful action spring it has, they will cycle the action suppressed, but not unsuppressed in my Faxon group buy 12" barrel.

I suspect there is a chance they will work with a standard carbine spring and buffer.

Mine runs the 123gr American Gunner all day as if they were made together unsuppressed.

It runs everything so far suppressed, including 120gr Federal AE OTM Match.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mdewitt71
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          I'm interested to see how yours cycles with 90gr TNT Federal AE if you have any.

With my Maxim PDW brace and the powerful action spring it has, they will cycle the action suppressed, but not unsuppressed in my Faxon group buy 12" barrel.

I suspect there is a chance they will work with a standard carbine spring and buffer.

Mine runs the 123gr American Gunner all day as if they were made together unsuppressed.

I don't own any 90gr AE.... stuff if harder to find than a rainbow colored unicorn around here.
          I will run some Hornady SST, Black, and American Gunner thru it this weekend though.
          I have the H3 buffer and flatwire buffer spring in this SBR lower right now.
          Eventually when I build my pistol lower I will opt for other parts I am sure.
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Bevo
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

I have a 12" Grendel (faxon match series gunner) and run 90gr TNT in it without any problems. It has a SLR AGB and a Geiselle Super 42 buffer/spring. SBA3 brace.

Wasn't the gas port a touch smaller in the GB barrels?

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

MD,Thought of you when I bought mine to UG my blade. PSA has this kit on sale for 150 shipped today for the daily deal:

or in black

Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                Warrior
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                MD,Thought of you when I bought mine to UG my blade. PSA has this kit on sale for 150 shipped today for the daily deal:

or in black

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165448118.html
                Dang bro.... that is very tempting.
                I was thinking of going this route on mine-

but, the link you shared it really nice pricing......
                ― George Orwell

Comment

• RMiller
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2018

Looks nice!

Comment

• shooter545
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2012

I looked at these as well but didn't order one. Thinking about getting the Faxon barrel and building an upper but that price look good.

How does it shoot?

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Look at this thread, mdewitt71 posted a range report.

So I got the newly aquired 12" PSA upper out to the range today.... put it against my 18" GrendelHunter and had a pretty great range session till the crowds started coming in. I usually shoot on Mondays when I am off from work so being a Saturday, the lanes we a bit more busier than I would of liked but, I still got

Comment

• shooter545
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2012

That is a good write up. Thanks for the link, although it is probably going to cost me more money!

Comment

Working...
                        X