X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I have 16" 1:9 twist and a 20" 1:9 twist 6.5 Grendels. I have shot the 16" out to 800 yards and the 20" out to 1000. I was using 123 grain A-Max factory in the 16" and 123 grain Nosler CC in a hand load in the 20". I think you'll be OK but the only way you'll know for sure is to try it. I'd be curious if the 1:9 could stabalize the 129-130 grain 6.5 bullets.

Comment

• danm
      Warrior
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      I think so. For hunting purposes it was a must. I was a bit nervous about going to 18 with a 1:9 twist but I was very pleased with this 100 yard grouping, hoping to stretch it out soon and see what I get at 300 or so.

Anyone familiar with this twist on an 18"? Reason I ask is because I'm going to be taking a long range shooting training course soon and would this be able to shoot to 1000 or would I be better off learning long distance shooting with something else?
      Ditto what VASCAR2 typed, my 18" BHW is 1:9 also.

Comment

• Nick
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

Thanks for the feed back. I am using factory A max 123 right now but hope to be getting into loading soon. Just ordered my copy of grendel handbook vol 1!

Comment

• Nick
          Warrior
          • Dec 2014

Just got back from gun shop getting the upper and lower cerakoted. Very pleased with how it turned out. Used my Sig Scorpion 1911 for paint choices. Now just waiting on supressor stamp and then I think this project is finished!

Comment

• Nick
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

Having difficulties with posting pics. Will as soon as I can get it figured out

Comment

• Nick
              Warrior
              • Dec 2014

Here they are.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X