Need your thoughts on a trigger for my needs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet the report is that he loves the trigger.

I have four Geissele triggers and one Jewel two stage. The only reason I have a Jewel is that it came with a Les Baer Thunder Ranch AR. I requested that Les substitute a Geissele but he refused, saying the Jewel was the best trigger on the market. I knew better, but accepted it anyway, it isn't a bad trigger after all. About six months later Les changed over to the Geissele's, I guess he finally tried one.

I've also had several Rock River two stage match triggers, they can be tuned to very good performance as well, but will not stand up to heavy use over time and still make weight, eventually loosing the second stage.

This is why the Geissele triggers absolutely dominate at the national matches. They stay the same year after year. I have over 14,000 rounds on one of mine and it has made weight three years in a row at the nationals, picking up the 4.5 lb weights only if carefully lifted smoothly without tremor, it is set at 4lbs, 9 ozs. (4.5 lbs minimum is required for service rifle)

At the 2010 Orange Blossom Regional match I shot a 200-14X using the Geissele trigger. This means I hit the x ring 14 times out of 20 rounds in the rapid fire sitting stage at 200 yards and the six that missed the x were still in the ten ring. For this stage you have 60 seconds to fire ten shots including a required magazine change, and then do it again. It requires very precise trigger control to do this. The Geissele high speed gives me this level of control.
    Bob

Comment

Wow, that's incredible. I like my Giessele's too, but reserve them for my better builds. Eventually I may convert my others to the Giessele's because I do find them better also, but I don't have anywhere near that experience.

Comment

Wow! I just ordered a Geissele trigger, after hearing what you have to say, I'm really glad I did. I got it because I wanted a crisp trigger and was pretty dissatisfied with the standard AR trigger I got with my lower parts kit. It's not terrible, but has some creep and seems to be about a 7# pull. Can't wait to get it in and check it out.

Comment

Sorry to be late following up on the trigger but it did help me place 5th in a local 200 yard open sighted steel plate match but me not finishing better had nothing to do with the trigger, I just didn't have my sights exactly where I wanted them.
          I love the trigger and hope to do a follow up later during my load development.

Next match is May 26th and I plan to either win or be in the top 3 for the effort.

If anyone wants to see vids of previous matches just youtube parallaxbill. Check em out!

Comment

• RichardAnderson

Wonderful video parallax..You did a wonderful job. Keep it up.

Comment

Has anyone tried frank whites two stage trigger from compass lake?

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                Chieftain
                • May 2012

The ar gold trigger is femominal although it is rather pricey
                Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

Working...
                X