X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garikfox
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2023

That's cool! and wow 55gr that's super light isn't it? Doesn't the barrel twist rate need to support that light of a bullet ?
    WC 6mm ARC 18", ATLAS S-ONE, AERO M4E1 LWR, MAGPUL MOE SL, ZEISS Conquest V4 4-16x44mm
    CMMG 5.7x28mm 16", AERO X15 LWR, MAGPUL MOE SL, MEOPTA OPTIKA5 2-10x42mm
    RUGER-5.7 / GLOCK 43 / GLOCK 19 Gen5

Comment

• SDguy
      Warrior
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by garikfox View Post
      That's cool! and wow 55gr that's super light isn't it? Doesn't the barrel twist rate need to support that light of a bullet ?
      I am guessing to a large degree you may be on to something. A bit to my surprise, at 100 yards I am very pleased with performance. As of yet I have not tried the light stuff at distance. Have not pushed the lead core over 3200 FPS. Just playing around with some bulk pulled bullets while breaking in a Howa mini.

Did not expect much & my expectations were exceeded.

Also picked up some of the 55 gr Hammers. Not sure where I want to put these to work. Accuracy is looking great with these. Again have yet to stretch beyond 100 yards w the 55 grain Hammers.

Comment

• garikfox
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2023

Awesome! 3200fps that's insane! lol
        WC 6mm ARC 18", ATLAS S-ONE, AERO M4E1 LWR, MAGPUL MOE SL, ZEISS Conquest V4 4-16x44mm
        CMMG 5.7x28mm 16", AERO X15 LWR, MAGPUL MOE SL, MEOPTA OPTIKA5 2-10x42mm
        RUGER-5.7 / GLOCK 43 / GLOCK 19 Gen5

Comment

• Bob R
          Bloodstained
          • Oct 2023

I was dragging my feet considering the 6 ARC, and ended up going with the 22 ARC.
          Lots of good things happening with the 6.5 Grendel Case.
          Starline getting 6 ARC Brass out should help the popularity of the 6 ARC a lot.

The down side of jumping in the 22 ARC Pond "early" is waiting on factory ammunition and Starline Brass to get on the shelves. So far I have managed to round up 3 box's of 75 ELD-M Ammunition, and Hornady Loading Dies. Hoping to come up with a couple more box's to get 100 rounds of brass to work with. With all the toys I have to play with, 100 rounds of brass should hold me until Starline Gets Brass out.

Bob R

Comment

• Timitus
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2022

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
            Assume=0 for anything like this!!! always.

ie, don't assume anything.
            The reliable rifle in your hands is one you have shot many, many times and it always goes bang, no matter what the circumstances.

edit to add, The (great) lion flick Ghost and the Darkness, with Michael Douglas, and Val Kilmer... you did see that one scene, right? Kilmer never proved the rifle (loaned to him) himself personally, almost got eaten by the lion...
            Great movie and a very valid point.

Comment

Working...
            X