• Mar 2018

My scratched brass
    Attached Files

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Gj,
      All I can say is Wow!!! They sure left the sandpaper inside!!!
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

GJG, yeah, that doesn't look like scratching from magazines or extension teeth.
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

BFT, maybe you could get a hold of Nate, and see what's up. That has to be sent back asap.

Comment

• 12Bravo
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
            GJG, yeah, that doesn't look like scratching from magazines or extension teeth.
            Faxon asked me to send them pictures so I did that today. Haven't heard back yet but knowing someone else has seen the same issue makes me feel better. Those pics look exact the same as what I have on my brass. I have wanted to build a Grendel for a couple years and also get into longer range shooting so this rifle is going to do just that.
            We'll see what Faxon has to say.
            "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
            - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

Comment

• 12Bravo
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
              Flickr works very well to post photos. Photobucket now requires a paid account for anyone to see your photos.
              I bought the barrel from Optics Planet, they had free 2 day shipping. We all know that waiting for gun parts is painful so the quicker the better. I sent an email to Faxon first to see if they wanted me to go through O P first but they told me to send them pictures. Your brass looks exactly like mine.

Comment

• 98Z
                Warrior
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                BFT, maybe you could get a hold of Nate, and see what's up. That has to be sent back asap.
                Nate moved, he's not with Faxon anymore. He's the Director Of Sales And Business Development at H&K USA now, since September 2017.

Comment

• Lastrites
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2017

At Faxon, Mark is the gentleman that will likely assist and had be very quick to handle my concern at the time. You can also reach out to Pat (Faxon-Pat) in the industry section of ar15.com, he heads sales I believe currently.

Comment

• GjGary
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2018

I had purchased mine through optics planet also, must have been a bad batch. I also posted on the ar15 forum the problems with lost barrel and communication with Faxon.
                    They said they are swamped and hoping to get a barrel shortly

Comment

• 12Bravo
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2017

I thought about doing an exchange with Optics Planet but if they got a bunch of these barrels that were made with this issue the exchanging won't do any good.
                      I actually sent in my upper to Aero a day before I discovered this is issue, thinking the upper might be bad. The barrel would not seat all the way into the receiver so that the feed ramps are flush with the feed ramps cutouts in the receiver.
                      I'd be willing to bet that the barrel issue is what caused this problem too.

Comment

• 12Bravo
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2017

Sent the barrel back to Faxon today. Now I get to wait. I've been wanting to build a grendel for a couple years so I get to wait a little longer.

Comment

• GjGary
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2018

Well 10 days ago Faxon said my barrel should ship in a couple days, nothing no tracking or email notification had to email them today to what is up.
                          I hope I am the only that is having this much trouble

Comment

• 12Bravo
                            Bloodstained
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by GjGary View Post
                            Well 10 days ago Faxon said my barrel should ship in a couple days, nothing no tracking or email notification had to email them today to what is up.
                            I hope I am the only that is having this much trouble
                            That's not good!

Comment

• 12Bravo
                              Bloodstained
                              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by 12Bravo View Post
                              That's not good!
                              I had a quick response via their chat via Facebook when I ask asked if they had received the pictures I sent.

Comment

• Lastrites
                                Warrior
                                • Apr 2017

I had two run-in's with Faxon's customer service, my experience was exceptional as both times they took care of my issues and had it shipped back the same day or the very next day back to me. Will note no tracking was forwarded and the return mail was 2nd day delivery. Also to add on the second go around it took a couple days to get a response from Mark, but once he responded he seemed to stay right on top of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X