Bloodstained
    • Aug 2020

thanks for the info

Comment

• riuma
      Warrior
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by ETEX HUNTER View Post
      well, your info was a great help. the extractor was stiff and not working properly. little work on that it is working fine now. next I had gotten some hand load ammo from what I thought was a reputable guy local to me. the neck had not been trimmed after resizing which made the case to long. I'm cycling Hornady Black 123g ELD & Hornady 123g SST with no issues .
      When I was young, many decades ago, the guy who taught me to reload warned me to never, under any circumstances, shoot someone else's handloads. Any idea what happens when the too long neck becomes impinged by the rifling? Catastrophic failure.
      Reload or don't, but don't shoot someone else's handloads. JMHO~ Riuma

Comment

• ETEX HUNTER
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2020

Originally posted by riuma View Post
        When I was young, many decades ago, the guy who taught me to reload warned me to never, under any circumstances, shoot someone else's handloads. Any idea what happens when the too long neck becomes impinged by the rifling? Catastrophic failure.
        guy has a home gun shop . I had many people tell me what a great gun smith and custom reloader he was.
        yep, lesson learned on my part.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by riuma View Post
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X