Clear All
  • 603 Country
    Warrior
    • Apr 2022

Comment

• Veredasko
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2023

Hey everyone! I'm enjoying this technical gun-cleaning discussion. It's great to see all the different techniques and tips being shared. If you're into customization, check out the 80% frame options. They offer a lot of flexibility for creating your unique firearm. Keep up the great conversation, and happy cleaning!
      Last edited by Veredasko; 07-17-2023, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Zeneffect
        Chieftain
        • May 2020

nothing changed on my end, im still go clean before a match. I have continued to inquire and pick up on what others are doing to accelerate their cleaning process and 1 thing stands out as a common "ingredient" which is elbow grease. The choices are, work hard and get it done fast, or let things soak and take a while. not much middle ground, just pick your poison (they pretty much all work) and clean it until you are happy with the result.

Comment

• Bonas
          Warrior
          • Mar 2022

I run one patch wetted with CLP, wait a few mintutes, then run a dry patch after every shooting session. This is for corrosion prevention, not cleaning. When the gun stops shooting like it should, I remove copper and carbon. I figured out it only takes about five shots to close groups back up after cleaning, so I just clear copper and carbon in one shot. My good barrels usually get cleaned about every 500 rounds. Some barrels, I've never cleaned. I've got one I need to clean now that probably has 2,000 rounds down it. It's never been cleaned before.

Comment

• Harpoon1
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2017

Last edited by Harpoon1; 08-09-2023, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Biggest thing for 6.5 Grendel if you shoot the Wolf Steel case, then want to switch to brass case, is to clean the chamber with a 6.5 Grendel Chamber brush
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• TedBrewer5
                Warrior
                • Dec 2019

Comment

• lazyengineer
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2019

It is my suspicioun that PSA BBL's require a break-in of several hundred rounds. Preferably the more abraisive the better - like Wolf Steel. Could be other factors as well, but it seems like PSA barrels just need more firing and cleaning to tighten up.
                  4x P100

Comment

• TedBrewer5
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2019

Comment

• DIANEB
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2020

Barrel after a good cleaning...
                      I go after carbon first with KG 1 carbon remover I let it sit in the barrel for about 15 minutes, then I run a nylon through it about 10 to 15 times, dry patch it until black is gone...
                      Next I go after copper fouling with Bore Tech Cu+2 copper remover, I follow the direction...
                      Every 200 rounds I Iosso bore cleaner following the directions followed by any bore solvent and then a bunch of dry patches until they completely white...
                      I only use nylon brushes for each step...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by DIANEB; 12-21-2023, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Lemonaid
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2019

The Hornady podcasts are a pretty good resource. #103 is about when or weather to clean your barrel. A couple of take aways for me is to have a batch of reference ammo, and that the volume of your barrel will decrease as the fouling increases. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOM0...Qby0&index=107

Comment

Working...
                        X