• Show
Clear All
  • Murraymc711
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Klem View Post
    Murray,

What was wrong with your extractor?

And if that was the problem why did changing everything else make any difference?
    If i could post the pictures it would be really easy to see but essentially the bolt is .012 shorter according to BA tech support than spec and that caused the extractor to sit higher on the bolt than its supposed to.

Nothing i did made a difference that's why i came here asking for ideas/ help. Changing to a adj gas block made it cycle 1 round every 10 rounds but that was pure luck.

Comment

• Klem
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Murray,

Interesting, how did the BA techs know it was too short if you still have it (you're talking about posting a photo)?

On their website they claim, "Test Fired before shipping to ensure proper function". What did they say about this? What sort of make-good have they offered?

0.65MOA is superb accuracy; even more so from a cheap barrel using factory ammo.
      Last edited by Klem; 11-16-2023, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

So they basically sent you a Type 1 (7.62x39) bolt with a .125 bolt face depth instead of a Type 2 bolt with a .136 face depth.
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Steve_evetS
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2023

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
          So they basically sent you a Type 1 (7.62x39) bolt with a .125 bolt face depth instead of a Type 2 bolt with a .136 face depth.
          My bolt face on a Faxon bolt is 0.1345" center on the firing pin hole and 0.1335" on the outer edge.

Comment

Working...
          X