X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

general mock up without all the altitude corrections. common velocity for 123's

Comment

• jasper2408
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

general mock up without all the altitude corrections. common velocity for 123's
      Man I need to start bugging the dev on letting us change the colors of the lines in the QT graphs. My old eyes can't hardly track that light blue line.

Nice comparison though. Closer than I thought they would be.

Comment

• Zeneffect
        Chieftain
        • May 2020

Maybe it might be helpful if I post process the colors in photoshop to inverted or something. If you have 2, reference... nope nope nope. Can't do it.

Comment

• Phred
          Unwashed
          • May 2022

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
          What a bunch of salesmen.

With all due respect, they're speaking so vaguely as for it to be meaningless. Let me understand, terminal ballistics at range (which he will not identify), a 105-ish grain 6mm starting at 2650 is going to exceed a 175 SMK 7.62 starting at 2500-ish (20" barrel)?

Let's run the numbers:
          6ARC subsonic at 1050 w/274 lb-ft
          7.62x51 subsonic at 950yds w/491 lb-ft

If you want to say it stays supersonic longer, then say that. If you want to say it's effective at longer ranges, than say that. But don't expect me to believe that 274 is more/better than 491. Don't expect me to believe that terminal performance is better, unless you mean beyond the range the 7.62 can hit. That would be better external ballistics, wouldn't it?
          LOL Hornady wouldn't do that or take claim to someone else's design would they? Whitley has been making these things since 2006.

Comment

• Fess
            Warrior
            • Jun 2019

But, but.... the shoulder is pushed back 0.03 inches (trust me, you can't really tell just by looking at it, though), so it is not at all like the 6mmAR

Comment

• lazyengineer
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2019

Meh, this round doesn't do much for me. Like the world needs yet another 6mm. This just smells like: corporate wants a new round that nobody asked for every 2 years for that initial Something-New! Sales spike.

Not saying it's a bad round. Just that in a world of Grendel,
              a dozen other 6mm, and .224 Valk, it's not exactly filling a big gaping hole.
              4x P100

Comment

• Zeneffect
                Chieftain
                • May 2020

To be fair though, I'd rather have the arc than valkyrie... but I don't own an arc because grendel exists.

Comment

• m796rider
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2011

It's gonna be a tough few years for factory ammo in 6Arc, 6.5G, 224Valk, 458Socom, etc... Capacity is tightly constrained and demand-driven production of standard stuff like .223, .308, 9mm, etc, is soaking up nearly 100% of machine time. No more steel cased Wolf 6.5G either, until Russia stops bullying its neighbors.

Yeah, I handload, but ugh it's time consuming and is something I do only to provide myself with ammo, not as a hobby or anything. I'd much rather be shooting.

Comment

• lazyengineer
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by m796rider View Post
                    It's gonna be a tough few years for factory ammo in 6Arc, 6.5G, 224Valk, 458Socom, etc... Capacity is tightly constrained and demand-driven production of standard stuff like .223, .308, 9mm, etc, is soaking up nearly 100% of machine time. No more steel cased Wolf 6.5G either, until Russia stops bullying its neighbors.

Yeah, I handload, but ugh it's time consuming and is something I do only to provide myself with ammo, not as a hobby or anything. I'd much rather be shooting.
                    FWIW PSA has stated they will be producing both brass and steel cased 6.5Grendel ammunition at their new plant that is continuing to ramp up. Both will be boxer primed, and all made from their own raw material new supply chain.

While I doubt it will be the 25 cent steel of Yor, it's an encouraging announcement.
                    4x P100

Comment

• biodsl
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                      LOL Hornady wouldn't do that or take claim to someone else's design would they? Whitley has been making these things since 2006.
                      Originally posted by Fess View Post
                      But, but.... the shoulder is pushed back 0.03 inches (trust me, you can't really tell just by looking at it, though), so it is not at all like the 6mmAR
                      I feel bad for Whitley. But I guess that's the way. Les Baer did similar with the .264LBC. It worked out better for Bill than it did for Whitley.
                      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
                      X