X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whit
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2018

Blue Force Gear Vickers with QDs. They're kind of pricey, but worth it in my opinion if you want a smooth quick-adjust function. All my uppers have QD sockets, so I just switch it over between them when I swap uppers. I added a Burnsed socket to the rear of the sling so I could go single-point if I need to, but it hardly gets used unless I know I will be having to shoot offside, like at a carbine course or something. Two-point is better for everything else, and you don't get hit in the netherwheres, which is a plus. I got the unpadded one because it's a little less bulky for the square range and such, but when I'm humping the rifle through the woods and fields while scouting, checking stands, etc, I wish it was padded (I will probably end up buying a padded one just for that). So if you're only going to be hunting with it, I would definitely tell you to get the padded one. If you don't care at all about the quick adjust feature, than you could probably find much cheaper options to do what you need. Nothing wrong with a milsurp web sling. I have some on other rifles, and they're cheap.

Edit to add: If you go with the milsurp option, the hardware can be noisy sometimes. Not what you want on a deer stand, but 100 mph tape will muffle them.
    Last edited by Whit; 07-28-2018, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X