• Show
Clear All
  • Cotay
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
    Crossfires are Chinese-made
    Diamondback are made in Philippines
    Viper scopes are better glass and turrets and made in Philippines.
    Razor HD rifle-scopes their top tier are made in Japan.
    This is correct historically. However, from what I've read Vortex is making the Diamondback Tactical 4-16x and 6-24x FFP models in China. Perhaps someone that owns either model can confirm.

Comment

• maxxmojo
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2016

I picked up the 4-12x40 FFP with the VMR-1 reticle late last year for my Dad. He's got a 6.5-06 in an old Springfield action and it's got some really old school 1" rings on it. The old scope had a crosshair reticle and was pretty fogged up inside (the gun used to be my great-Grandpa's target rifle) so he wanted something he could actually see out of, didn't want to spend big bucks, and had to obviously have a 1" tube on it. This seemed to fit the bill so I snagged it up.

Glass clarity is great. With his older eyes, shooting for groups at 100 yards for load development has been easy for him. The VMR-1 reticle has been very useful for him to take shots from 200 to 1k yards, whereas he's used to just guessing with a normal crosshair reticle. The only thing I don't like about it, and I can't really blame Vortex for the price point, is there's no parallax adjustment. The old man really doesn't care about that though. Overall, he's been extremely happy with it.

Comment

• Lantern
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Cotay View Post
        This is correct historically. However, from what I've read Vortex is making the Diamondback Tactical 4-16x and 6-24x FFP models in China. Perhaps someone that owns either model can confirm.
        This is correct. In this video the guy clearly turns the scope around so you can see the made in China sticker at the 5:15 mark.

Last edited by Lantern; 10-21-2018, 11:10 PM. Reason: Forgot link

Comment

Working...
        X