• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Amend2 polymer 6.5 grendel mags

Ok gents and ladies take this for what it's worth and what it is.

I'm not holding my breath but a few months ago I contacted Amend2 about a romer I heard they were working on a polymer mag for the grendel.

Well bout a hour ago while setting at the doctors office I get a email back from them saying they have designed and are at this moment testing a polymer 10 round grendel mag and if everything goes great they will have it to market within the next 3 months.

They also said higher capacity mags will be looked at after the 10 round is brought to market.

They said the mag will allow loading to the same length as their standard 223/556 polymer mags so I take that's as it will allow handloads to be set at 2.260 max.

Again take it for what it is, but it's nice to see a company trying to bring products to market for our choosen caliber.
  • Dead Center Miss
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

So, I actually work pretty close with Amend2 and they are indeed testing a mag right now. This is actually why I got into the Grendel, to test for them. I'm waiting for the prototype. It's a bit different then conventional Grendel mags. Last I saw, it was going to feed from the center on the mag instead of staggered.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

They don't give much details on it just that they are testing it and expect to have the 10 rounder ready to purchase in 3 months and that it will allow a coal length of 2.260.

Hope it comes through and works, I got pmags to work but only for five rounds in a 10 round mag.

I like my cpd mags for being able to load to 2.300 but a polymer mag on the market is always a nice option.

Comment

• Dead Center Miss
        Warrior
        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
        They don't give much details on it just that they are testing it and expect to have the 10 rounder ready to purchase in 3 months and that it will allow a coal length of 2.260.

Hope it comes through and works, I got pmags to work but only for five rounds in a 10 round mag.

I like my cpd mags for being able to load to 2.300 but a polymer mag on the market is always a nice option.
        If they are anything like the 223 mags they will be great. I think they will allow a bit longer then 2.260". I'll double check the length on the 223 mags when I get home tonight.

I wouldn't count on the mags coming out on October though. They said the same thing about the Glock mags, and I didn't see any until February. They might put them into production, but they wont be available, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

I will step and bite the bullet for field testing tell em they can send me a couple.....

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Dead Center Miss View Post
            If they are anything like the 223 mags they will be great. I think they will allow a bit longer then 2.260". I'll double check the length on the 223 mags when I get home tonight.

I wouldn't count on the mags coming out on October though. They said the same thing about the Glock mags, and I didn't see any until February. They might put them into production, but they wont be available, but I could be wrong.
            They emailed me back 2.260 confirmed.

And they didn't say october, they told me today that they expect it out on the market in 3 months so Dec/Jan time frame is what they are talking bout.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
              I will step and bite the bullet for field testing tell em they can send me a couple.....
              Are you could email them and ask, never know they might go for it.

I put it in their ear to join here and do us a group buy thing, you know reduced price for new product testing kind of thing.

Comment

• Dead Center Miss
                Warrior
                • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
                If you go to their facebook page, they were looking for volunteers a few weeks ago.

Comment

• Dead Center Miss
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2018

They emailed me back 2.260 confirmed.

And they didn't say october, they told me today that they expect it out on the market in 3 months so Dec/Jan time frame is what they are talking bout.
                  That sounds more like it. They were telling me end of October a couple days ago when I was talking with Curt.

Comment

• Dead Center Miss
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2018

Are you could email them and ask, never know they might go for it.

I put it in their ear to join here and do us a group buy thing, you know reduced price for new product testing kind of thing.
                    I'll talk with the owners of you want. They have given me discount codes before as a competitive shooter.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

I'll talk with the owners of you want. They have given me discount codes before as a competitive shooter.
                      Might have to take that up with BFT he is the owner of the fourm.

Don't know all that kind of stuff works, figure it be best to let them handle it.

I'm just passing on what I was told about a new product coming out for the grendel soon.

Hoping they can make it work and hoping they can get the high capacity mags out soon.

A ten round mag is cool and I probably will buy a few but I already have gen 3 pmags that hold and load 5 rounds of grendel perfectly for target and hunting work.

If I am going to drop cash for let's say 10 mags I want 26 round or more capacity.

That and my cpd mags allow me to run my handloads out to 2.300 of an inch and I just don't see a polymer mag ever giving that much room for handloads.

Comment

• Dead Center Miss
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2018

So, I checked my Amend2 223 mags and they are right, it is exactly 2.260" max, and not a thousand more, which kind of sucks.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

So, I checked my Amend2 223 mags and they are right, it is exactly 2.260" max, and not a thousand more, which kind of sucks.
                          No not really, load a 85 grain Maker trex to that length stuffed with as much h335 under it that you can without going over pressure and slay whatever you want out to 300 yards.

Give me a polymer mag loaded with 26 of those and a feild full of bacon and I just died and went to heaven.

Comment

• Dead Center Miss
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2018

No not really, load a 85 grain Maker trex to that length stuffed with as much h335 under it that you can without going over pressure and slay whatever you want out to 300 yards.

Give me a polymer mag loaded with 26 of those and a feild full of bacon and I just died and went to heaven.
                            Since they make the 223 mags in 10, 20 and 30 rounders, I imagine is is only time before they make higher capacity Grendel mags. I'll talk with Curt or Matt next time I see them and see what the plans are.

Comment

• Popeye212
                              Chieftain
                              • Jan 2018

Sent an email and posted on their Facebook page. Worth a shot see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X