Clear All
  • Swampfox
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Depends on you really. I would have no problem shooting game in florida with my 12" loaded with 110g lehigh defense controlled chaos out to 300 yards.

Comment

• Swampfox
        Warrior
        • Sep 2018

I may build one after I finish all the other build I have planned

Comment

• monty
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2017

I picked up a 1x8 Strike Eagle with Vortex mount last year on Black Friday from PSA for $270. Maybe they will do it again this year. You will have to watch closely and be ready to pounce, as they went quickly.

Comment

• Dempsy1
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2018

I’ve got a Leupold VX R with the TMR reticle on mine right now, pretty happy but I might go to a 1-6 like the Viper PST in the future

Comment

• Nodak
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

Comment

• jhoyda
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Nodak View Post
                Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 with free Vortex 2” cantilever mount at Sport Optics for $347 shipped
                $254 if you go with the 1-6. Where did that credit card go........

Comment

• Texas
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2016

I use a Vortex Diamondback 2-7X40 on my 12 inch pistol, and it works well and does not add a lot of weight. Great pickup gun!

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

With new lots of 123gr SST assuming a 2240fps mv:

250yds is 24fps above expansion threshold

With 129gr ABLR at 2200fps:

400yds still has 800ft-lbs, plenty of expansion (from a 12" Grendel, 129gr ABLR at 2200fps expands out to 750yds)

For the common hunter, a 10.5" to 12.5" Grendel will do everything they need for killing medium game within typical distances, especially when used in conjunction with the 129gr ABLR.

For the seasoned rifleman who gets a lot of trigger time on challenging targets from difficult positions, the SBR/pistol Grendel/129gr ABLR combo opens up some doors that have never really existed in the centerfire hunting stick world.

Smokes .30-30 for retained energy as the distance increases
                    Semi Auto
                    AR15 frame
                    Compact
                    Lightweight
                    Low recoil
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• grendelnubi
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2017

I second everything PF52 said. I have tagged out this year for deer with my longest shot was a little over a hundred yards using the ABLR. I choose the ABLR because it shots lights out in all of Grendel's and has the low 1300 advertised min which will let the 12 inch Grendel stretch its legs a little if needed. It does have a soft tip, as I have seen some indenting while seating projectiles. I would love to see some ABLR ballistics gel testing with the 12 inch Grendel.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2016

I will most likely be throwing on an Atibal XP8 1-8x24mm for under $350 for my 12" Grendel.
                        I robbed my 12.5" Wylde upper and put on a 108 ACSS but, need to get another scope for the Grendel.

I have the 1-8 ACSS and the 1-8 Strike Eagle.... All three are basically the same scope from the same overseas factory.
                        For my use on this Short 12" Grendel, the Atibal has a better reticle, same warranty, and cheaper price.
                        ― George Orwell

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                          Chieftain
                          • Oct 2016

I’ll be the black sheep. I’m running a PRO atop my 12.7, and have no problem at all hitting the 6” steel at 200 on command, mixed in with hits less often at 300 on a 10”. I don’t think I wanna take shots at 300 with that weapon unless you’re talking about yotes, where shot placement isn’t my first priority.

Inside 200, which is my self imposed limit on harvesting and ethical game taking with this rig, nothing is safe. And ToT is lower and acquisition more natural.

Disclaimer: 20/20 vision.
                          Last edited by Kswhitetails; 11-19-2018, 03:44 AM.
                          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• biodsl
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                            Disclaimer: 20/20 vision.
                            I hate you.
                            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
                            X