• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • centerfire
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Flight Medic View Post
    I cant believe we're approaching year 2020 and there is still even a thing such as "vulgar words". Have we not evolved at ALL? I believe the USE of words is more vulgar than the words themselves. For instance I give you two different sentences...

Your sister is as fat as a cow and has a face like a donkey.

Your sister is F**king beautiful, man.

Which one is more offensive? Are we not intelligent enough here to discern the difference? I type the way I talk, and I think words like sh*t, fu*k, etc used in the PROPER CONTEXT add color to conversation. My comment wasn't "...obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws." (per your rules), the F-word was simply used to add emphasis. I think censoring words on forum for adults is ridiculous, but whatever, man. It's your house, I dont want to give you any more reason to flex your moderator-muscle.
    Have you ever been around F-Class shooters?

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

I own a few Vortex razors.They are great.I don’t know why they have that bronze tone.But I am in love with the performance.You said you own a Nightforce scope that matches the color better. If it satisfies your OCD ,swap it! I own several Nightforce scopes. You won’t be losing much performance ,if any by swapping it out, especially on an AR platform. I would swap scopes long before I would consider painting my high dollar rig.

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

I cant believe we're approaching year 2020 and there is still even a thing such as "vulgar words". Have we not evolved at ALL? I believe the USE of words is more vulgar than the words themselves. For instance I give you two different sentences...

Which one is more offensive? Are we not intelligent enough here to discern the difference? I type the way I talk, and I think words like sh*t, fu*k, etc used in the PROPER CONTEXT add color to conversation. My comment wasn't "...obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws." (per your rules), the F-word was simply used to add emphasis. I think censoring words on forum for adults is ridiculous, but whatever, man. It's your house, I dont want to give you any more reason to flex your moderator-muscle.
        Believe it or not, many of us on this board appreciate the lack of words that make us send their kids out of the room. A great many of us share this shooting sport with their families. Rather than rail against the moderation, why not appreciate the gentlemanly atmosphere of this board?
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

+1,

Compared to other shooting forums 6.5Grendel is an oasis of professional courtesy. For this reason it is the only one I frequent.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Yes, there are still “vulgar words” and this isn’t a forum “for adults” This is now and has always been a forum for anyone interested in the Grendel, and we have many family members that frequent the forum. While, as you state, the use of words can be vulgar without the use of vulgarity, the use of vulgarity is, buy definition, vulgar. LR1955 is retired SF, I’m pretty sure he has heard pretty much every vulgar word there is, and could probably write a dictionary with proper, and improper, definitions.

Over the years we have had literally HUNDREDS of compliments on the fact that we have avoided the use of vulgarity in a “gun forum”’ and many times we have been thanked for doing so. The use of adjectives is an art form, and the improper use of vulgarity is nothing but a demonstration of inability to express oneself appropriately. Would you use those words around someone you were newly familiar with and trying to impress?

Your second example up above got an acquaintance a quick sit down on his butt when he used it in the presence of a young lady I happened to be dating many moons ago. Vulgarity is always vulgar.
            Last edited by bwaites; 11-24-2019, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

+100. I am ex-Navy and have heard a few in my time as well, but they are not necessary to effective communication; keeping this family friendly is a huge plus.
              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• LR1955
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2011

FM

And I can't believe you are making an argument out of it.

This forum does not allow the use of profane and vulgar language.

If you have a problem with it, go somewhere else.

LR55

Comment

• centerfire
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2017

This forum has a bit of the thought-police mentality, it is what it is and users are free to leave if they don't like it. The other side of the coin is this is the reason there are like 10 long term regularly posting members here and lots of new people coming and going. The controlled nature of this forum pretty much guarantees that other sites will have more traffic. Personally I'd rather feel challenged and gravitate toward environments where anything can be said (posted) which is why I spend more time elsewhere.

Comment

• Brazz04
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2018

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                    Believe it or not, many of us on this board appreciate the lack of words that make us send their kids out of the room. A great many of us share this shooting sport with their families. Rather than rail against the moderation, why not appreciate the gentlemanly atmosphere of this board?
                    Sooooo....how do you explain your user name to your kids then.....

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Since this thread is no longer remotely on topic, I’m closing it.

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

Done

Comment

Working...
                        X