Bloodstained
      • Oct 2019

Comment

• Croak
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2020

Man, these things are a PITA to load.

EDIT:

4 mags, most I was able to load was 7 in one of them, 5 or 6 in the others. Have ELD wounding in right hand, bruised thumbnail on left. Will let them sit partially loaded, come back in a week and see if anything changes. So far, not impressed with functionality. They look swanky though.

SECOND EDIT:

Ok, there's a method to loading these that makes it much easier (still not easy, but easier.).

Look at the follower, there's a hole in it, and on the left side there's a shelf. Place the rim of your first round just in front of the hole, push down, back, and to the right side (as the rounds are facing forward). Lather, rinse, swear, repeat. That little shelf is your guide, and the trick is to roll the cartridges to the right as you push down and back. Was able to get 10 rounds in all four mags that way. Don't expect any feed issues, they come out straight and rather energetically.
        Last edited by Croak; 07-04-2020, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• Gringoloco
          Warrior
          • Dec 2017

Well ordered 3 last Friday (got free shipping that way) and they showed up today. Also got an email back that said they are expecting the FDE to be available in a couple months. Either way they came in faster than I thought they would.

Comment

• m796rider
            Warrior
            • Jul 2011

I got my 2 mags and+5 extension in on Friday.

First off, sliding the rounds into the Amend2 mag like it was a pistol mag is a pain... Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

As far as I can tell, the extension is +2, MAYBE +3 once the spring wears in, for 6.5 Grendel. At 12 rounds loaded the mag fed 100% fine when hand cycling.

Looks cool, though... (sorry for the subpar backdrop)

Comment

• BlakeTX
              Bloodstained
              • Oct 2019

Originally posted by m796rider View Post
              I got my 2 mags and+5 extension in on Friday.

First off, sliding the rounds into the Amend2 mag like it was a pistol mag is a pain... Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

As far as I can tell, the extension is +2, MAYBE +3 once the spring wears in, for 6.5 Grendel. At 12 rounds loaded the mag fed 100% fine when hand cycling.

Looks cool, though... (sorry for the subpar backdrop)

I was curious to know if the +5 was compatible and how many you could get in it. Would be interested to know how well it works out in the field.

Comment

• Croak
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2020

Posted elsewhere, but I took my four to the range today, loaded with Hornady ELD-M.

All fed perfect, LRBHO engaged.

Loaded them all again twice with Wolf. No issues in those 80 rounds either. Loading still a PITA though.

Comment

• Mustangfreek
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2020

Last edited by Mustangfreek; 07-09-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• m796rider
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2011

Here are my 2 Amend2 6.5G mags... Left side shows a Cain Arms +6/7 5.56 extension, and right side shows an Amend2 +5 5.56 extension.

Left mag holds 13, right mag holds 12 6.5 rounds. Both mags hand-feed just fine. ETA: Cain Arms extension needs a shim to tension spring correctly to allow follower to trip bolt catch. No big deal.

The Cain Arms extension is 3d printed and costs $18. The Amend2 extension is machined AL and costs $35.

Last edited by m796rider; 07-10-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• KZero
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jun 2020

Sharp
                      Kenny

Comment

• grayfox
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2017

I shot a few rounds (factory sst, so <2.255) and they shot fine.
                        This was with one of my ARs, I want to see how they do for my RAP.

As for the AR frame, I'm not convinced they are worth it, 2 downsides:
                        1. Very short allowed Coal, only ~2.255 max. Not even 2.260 which is the Saami.
                        2. For a 10-rounder it is longer due to the single feed section. So no advantage there.

Duramags work just as well, are shorter and have 2.275 give or take Coal.

If they don't improve the feeding of my Rap then there's no real market for them Imo.
                        Not unless they can fix the short OAL problems. C'mon guys a little 0.010-0.015 extra can't hurt that bad, eh?
                        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X