• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FRB6.5
    Warrior
    • Oct 2018

Also worth noting on the EXPS3-4 right from their site:
    "Use this ballistic reticle with 5.56 Nato/.223 cal with 62 gr M855 FMJ at roughly 2,680 fps with a 14.5" barrel. For ordering this reticle, the model codes will end in -4. Aiming dots on the 4-dot reticle may not be distinguishable without magnification."

Unless you have super human vision the entire exercise at distance is pretty iffy unless are giant targets in a barren setting.

Last month at a mid-range (200-620 yards) PRS format gas gun match there was a shooter in my squad using an EOTech with no magnifier and he had a pretty terrible time as he couldn't see the targets well, even at less than 250 yards. After a squad or two shoots a stage much of the paint is gone and things start to really blend in with the rocks, shadows and vegetation around them. The Red dot/1x/Iron sight classes exist to allow folks to try the match out, no one does very well there compared to classes with magnified optics. He normally shoots 3-gun so is all close targets and maybe the occasional 100 yard shot on a full size IPSC so an un-magnified EOTech does well for him at that game.

I agree with Drew that an illuminated LPVO (or the EOTech with a magnifier) is going to better allow you to accomplish the task of shooting things at 1-700 yards.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Croak View Post
      Primary Arms Cyclops with ACSS BDC sounds like it might work for you.
      I had totally forgot about this option. I stand corrected.
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• R2BRO
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

ok, few things:

1), Regarding EOTech: i *am* familiar that graininess is when you focus on reticle but in my case graininess was always, plus, i will repeat again, that EOTech sight i got was literally ligthing a red circle on nearby objects 1 yard away.. it was definitely a defective unit.

2) yes, my initial constraints are maybe too tough, so, if i omit the requirement of "big screen" or 30mm lens, then options are, as noted here:
        PA Cyclops ACSS
        Burris AR-1X

3) Or... if i reduce the requirement #2 (>300yrd capability)
        then i can either get Trijicon MRO HD (with circle, but 25mm isntead of 30mm lens)
        at that point though..any red dot will work.

anyway...i do have 6.5G build with 3-15x optics already...so...maybe for this build ill just have to go with what i can get practically and make tradeoffs

Comment

• R2BRO
          Warrior
          • Dec 2017

i have Aimpoint PRO sitting on a shelf doing nothing, ill put it in, zero it at 25 yards (or zero at 50 yards with 1.1" shooting high) and call it a day. ill have 0-300 solid coverage with 30mm proven device.
          no big CQC circle...but... well, ok for now. maybe will wait until Trijicon comes up with something 30mm+circle+yet light weight.

Comment

• imaguy3
            Warrior
            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by R2BRO View Post
            ok, few things:

1), Regarding EOTech: i *am* familiar that graininess is when you focus on reticle but in my case graininess was always, plus, i will repeat again, that EOTech sight i got was literally ligthing a red circle on nearby objects 1 yard away.. it was definitely a defective unit.
            I'm really interested in seeing pics of this occurring...

Comment

• R2BRO
              Warrior
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by imaguy3 View Post
              I'm really interested in seeing pics of this occurring...
              sure, here comes your pic

i was just sitting on sofa and looking at it spinning around in my hands while its on and noticed that it projects huge beam outside in front of me on a TV.

FYI: it is not a fake unit, was purchased on amazon through Eurooptic LTD, confirmed its real EOTech and they processing a return.

anyway.

Comment

• imaguy3
                Warrior
                • Mar 2018

If you moved it over to the wall would it cause the wall to illuminate. Or are you simply seeing a reflection in the screen of the tv?

Comment

• drewthebrave
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2016

Interesting. I just came across the Sig Romeo 4H and Holosun 403 Paralow with ACSS reticle. These may be close to what you're looking for, but I think they're designed to be used with magnifiers. I still think a quality LPVO with true 1x would be the best overall option for you if you're serious about shooting targets at range while still being capable at CQB distance.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                    Chieftain
                    • Oct 2016

Just saw your post today, and like 55, was guilty of assuming that you meant what you wrote. You don't want to use magnifiers, but didn't say you didn't want a non magnified optic. Some would think of those as different optical solutions entirely. Same assumption on #3. On that assumption, I'd recommend a PST Gen 1 1-4 TMCQ MOA, but alas - you don't want magnification. IDK then, leave it on 1x?

Good luck on your search, your list is thorough. I don't know anything that meets it all, unless you want to get really spendy, quick.
                    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• R2BRO
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by imaguy3 View Post
                      If you moved it over to the wall would it cause the wall to illuminate. Or are you simply seeing a reflection in the screen of the tv?
                      i am not sure if you are trolling or being serious, you do know that holo sights are not supposed to throw reflection on front, even on mirror, ...right?

anyway guys, im all set now, nothing on the market what meets those requirements so i'll make some tradeoffs.

Comment

Working...
                      X