Which Primary Arms 3-18x50 ACSS reticle for grendel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrendelFanatic
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2019

Comment

• Croak
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2020

Got reminded of a tip while watching a video last night, and it does work. If you have a 5.56 or .308 BDC and are using a Grendel (or any cartridge with similar ballistics for that matter), zero it at 300 yards. The trick is, when you zero, don't zero on the chevron or center dot, zero using the 300yd hold mark on the BDC.

That's obviously going to be dead on at 300, but it's also going to be pretty damned close as near as 25 yards and out to about 600 (using the appropriate holdover stadia).

Not precision rifle close, but combat close. No mucking around with an app, no trying to remember half-arsed holdovers, just range it and send it. It'll give some of the precision shooters here the willies (as it should) but a lot of folks just want effective rounds on target and don't care about tight groups, and they don't want to muck around with mils or MOA math either. There's a reason BDC reticles are so popular.

Comment

• AK10mm
        Unwashed
        • Sep 2020

Here's what I do with my intermediate to long range hunting rifles. I typically use a decent mid tier Vortex Viper PST 3-15x44 scope with exposed turrets.

Put all of the relevant info for my load into a ballistic calculator. Print out a drop chart. I personally use MOA myself.

Zero my scope at 100yds, and then just spin the knobs for whatever distance I'm shooting at.

I've used this system for a long time now. It's pretty simple once you get used to it. And I can't see any reason it wouldn't apply to the 65G

Comment

Working...
        X