Updated Labradar Firmware and Phone App.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Magnetospeed. Insert 9V battery and shoot away, no worries.
    I know, I know... just couldn't restrain myself!!!
    lol.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• mdram
      Warrior
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
      Magnetospeed. Insert 9V battery and shoot away, no worries.
      I know, I know... just couldn't restrain myself!!!
      lol.
      wont fit on my ar or my 1911.............
      just some targets for printing
      https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• mdram
        Warrior
        • Sep 2016

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
        Not seeing a new App in the android Playstore. Jan 2022 is latest.

I wish they would pit the app on Kindle fire. As I run one of those as designated device (cheap), but onlyb1st Gen app works (I had forced it onto Kindle)
        put the google play store on the kindle, its not that difficult
        just some targets for printing
        https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• keystone183
          Warrior
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Klem View Post
          Key,

With the firmware update use an SD card.

Start with the card formatted with nothing on it.
          Download the 1.3.3 firmware onto your computer.
          Unpack the Zip file onto your SD card. So, open it up till you see three files: fwA,bin and fwB,bin and a text file. Transfer those three files to the SD Card (not the Zip folder)
          Insert the SD card and start the Labradar

For connectivity issues with the phone app, the old app had this problem. But it also could be your power cord gets shifted around while shooting. How do you power the radar?
          I guess i'm going to have to call them. I have done that a dozen times or so now with several different SD cards. Including having the files in a folder, or not in a folder....i can't figure it out!

I use a usb battery pack and have the batteries onboard as well. I'll try next time disconnecting the cord and see if that powers of the unit

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by keystone183 View Post
            I guess i'm going to have to call them. I have done that a dozen times or so now with several different SD cards. Including having the files in a folder, or not in a folder....i can't figure it out!

I use a usb battery pack and have the batteries onboard as well. I'll try next time disconnecting the cord and see if that powers of the unit
            Key,

Firmware Updating
            Strange, as long as you don't have anything else on the card and you insert the card with new files while the machine is OFF, when you re-start it should automatically update.

Phone app
            If you can't get the phone app to work you are not missing out on much. The earlier version kept dropping out, and while the newer version is more stable the phone freezes - so pick your poison. I read on another forum someone else had the same issue with the phone freezing so not peculiar to me. I've never been a fan of using the phone app so not a big issue.

Power Issues
            With the power dropping out - It might be the micro-USB socket. Over time and use the port becomes sloppy. Plugging in and out and getting jerked around causes the contacts on that tiny socket to wear and expand (this is discussed on other shooting forums). For a while I attached an elastic band to the plug going in, to hold it under tension in either an up or down angle, to keep firm contact. This works, but was not a permanent solution so opened it up and added a dedicated power socket. Another fix is to carefully bend the socket back to original dimensions with a flat screwdriver. I have not done this but there are photos elsewhere where others are recommending this. Other shooters also point out that micro USB plugs are not all the same quality, and if your cable is a cheapo dodgy type then the likelihood it's on the edge of being in spec is real.

I agree with Lazy, I wouldn't buy the Labradar 'Lite' (without Bluetooth). It's the same price as the standard Bluetooth version so you have to wonder who's being played here.
            Last edited by Klem; 08-19-2022, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
              Chieftain
              • May 2016

Originally posted by mdram View Post
              wont fit on my ar or my 1911.............
              You can buy a cheap 1911 with the price difference. When its free, who cares about it's velocity
              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
              X