X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

Nx8 f1 4-32x50 ordered, should be here mid next week.

Comment

• jasper2408
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
      Nx8 f1 4-32x50 ordered, should be here mid next week.
      Which reticle did you get?

Comment

• Zeneffect
        Chieftain
        • May 2020

The C624 MOAR. Had a 15% coupon with eurooptic which put this at the price of the nxs, ill take the upgraded glass even though it's a 50 vs 56mm objective

I'm finding the eurooptic open box + a decent coupon makes for a reasonably priced scope with full warranty.
        Last edited by Zeneffect; 07-30-2023, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• jasper2408
          Warrior
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
          The C437 MOAR reticle. Had a 15% coupon with eurooptic which put this at the price of the nxs, ill take the upgraded glass even though it's a 50 vs 56mm objective
          Nice looking scope. I like that reticle.

Comment

• Zeneffect
            Chieftain
            • May 2020

The 437 is the nxs, I corrected to the nx8. Too many tabs open.. same reticle though... nearly the same scope honestly but just a few key differences. Saw their torture test, seemed legit that the whole dang scope didn't just fall apart. It's far more abuse than I would ever subject to a scope.
            Last edited by Zeneffect; 07-30-2023, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• grendelnubi
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

I had a parallax issue (yardage not aligning with focus) with my Athlon Ares BTR Gen1 scope that I paid less than $500 for on sale. I contacted their CS and sent it in for repair.

They sent me back the new Gen2 HD ($800) scope. Curious how Vortex handles this issue. Keep us updated.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                Chieftain
                • May 2020

I'm sure they will just send me back either repaired or new scopes of the same exact kind. Ive dealt with vortex warranty before and its hassle free. They provide a prepaid shipping label and such.

Comment

• ocharry
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2022

zen...have you checked out the Arken scopes??

i have the sh4 4-16 on my grendel and i think i want the ep5 5-25 just to have i laying around...dont have anything to put it on right now..they are built like a tank...i think the ep5 has better glass than the sh models...the turrets are rock solid

you should check them out....i think they punch WAY above their price range

ocharry

Comment

• Zeneffect
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2020

I have looked through the ep5, I'm slowly cycling my way up the optics chain. I have dumped all the vortex scopes I have, and am now left with an inbound nightforce + the current meopta, and burris scopes. Nothing made in China. The meopta punches way above its weight as well. I hear that some production changed since I got mine so not sure if the new production is up to snuff, but they used to use schott ed and ht glass and assembled in the USA. They might be using glass from Hungary or their own now and assemble in the czech republic since covid changed a lot.

The general concensus is right. The same applies to high performance engines. If can onlynpick 2 of the 3 in a product. speed(glass), reliability, and low price. There IS a point of diminishing returns, and after doing hours of window shopping, looking through more glass than I should, talking to people at the range, looking at their scopes, getting feedback... I went with nightforce.

The point of diminishing returns starts at the atacr line. You don't get much more for more $$$. The color contrast was slightly better on the Schmidt and bender pmii but it wasn't $7000 scope good. When you need that kind of resolution and contrast.... you are in a position where your life is on the line as an occupation and you need to spot movement in the bush 1500 yards out + make a successful shot. that's not me, I go pew ping when the weather is nice. Only thing on the line is some cash and standing.
                    Last edited by Zeneffect; 07-31-2023, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2020

Well nx8 + rings just arrived.

Eurooptic must have a different definition for "like new"
                      Like new must be something like "brand new overstock" or something because the scope came in a factory sealed box and is brand new as far as I can tell.

*edit

Rings/20moa mount is on

Only a few more hours before I can compare low light performance against some other Japanese ed glass, and European ed glass. The glass on this seems different somehow. Definately sharper than the MPO but also the leaves look like they move faster... its hard to explain but movement is easier to pick up, like frame rate is faster but it's just light so I don't quite understand what is going on just yet.

Edit... figured it out. Brain is playing tricks as the image has a different depth of field
                      Last edited by Zeneffect; 08-02-2023, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X