• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BehindEnemyLines
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2019

Originally posted by GREYBUFF View Post
    At first I applauded you for doing this, but after talking to my GF about it, she said that banning him was akin to "cancel culture" and censorship (neither of which we need to do, as the demoncrats have already mastered this). The reality is that you should have publicly shamed him on this forum for trying to screw his brothers, and then let the Forum disgrace him to the point where he left on his own.
    I do not agree at all. This person did not lose their job or have their lives ruined because he was banned from this forum. They were prevented on this forum only, from peddling their wares at outrageous prices. What you wanted to occur is exactly what is being done to people being "cancelled", public shaming and disgracing.

This forum has rules. If you do not follow them, there are moderators here that deal with it.

Comment

• 37L1
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by GREYBUFF View Post
      At first I applauded you for doing this, but after talking to my GF about it, she said that banning him was akin to "cancel culture" and censorship (neither of which we need to do, as the demoncrats have already mastered this). The reality is that you should have publicly shamed him on this forum for trying to screw his brothers, and then let the Forum disgrace him to the point where he left on his own.
      Stop listening to your girlfriend. . .

Comment

• Billinthedesert
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2018

I understand the sensitivity, anger and frustration on this issue. But what is the right price for primers right now? What would you expect to buy them for? What would you sell them for? What is the current market price? Seriously, what is the guidance on this question? Is anyone here selling primers for what they bought them for in 2019 from Sportsman's Warehouse, for example?

Comment

• Oldbev
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2020

I concur, who dictates prices? Supply and demand my friends. That being said we sure can tell a person character by how they take advantage of a situation. Ban him? I don't know kinda takes the fun out of the harassment opportunity. I digress that isn't what this site should be about.

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

My thoughts are that we are all entitled to speculate in a capitalist democracy. Where speculation becomes unethical is where someone takes advantage of people in dire need. For example, charging excess for drugs or food and water during a natural disaster. But for a recreational activity like shooting, it's just supply and demand. While we want to shoot, none of us need to shoot, and we don't have to buy them.

What does concern me is people using social media or abusing their power to have a go at others.

Comment

• Oldbev
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2020

All in good fun ,a little peer pressure can sometimes get a point across to a lot of people as compared to banning one person .and social media ,way overrated the crazyass thing about it .It has an off and on switch

Comment

• LR1955
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2011

Guys:

That guy was here only for the Buy / Sell forum. He never posted a thing anywhere else. He is a parasite who is probably on ten different gun forums and could care less about any of them.

And honestly, I don't really care what someone thinks about it. Someone can find one of his other forums and buy the primers from him at his price if they want.

Now, Javman is trying to sell Black Hills ammo at an outrageous price on another thread. And he cited guys like this one as justification for wanting $4.00 a shot for Grendel ammo.

I am not closing that thread and probably won't ban him. I am letting others comment as long as they refrain from profane and vulgar language.

And Klem -- are you having problems finding primers in Australia? Are guys there scalping what is left of the shooting community like they are here?

But this one I will close before I end up abusing my power anymore. Sometimes I have to restrain myself, power is so compelling......

LR55

Comment

Working...
                X