X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keystone183
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

Sounds like, when barrels are ready to ship, payment will be requested....and then sent accordingly. Nothing to see here....

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Dudes, everything is normal here. No payment is being withheld. I need to be invoiced and then I pay. This is all standard practice.

Despite this major screw-up, Faxon is still a solid company in my book (not the first company I've seen putting out a great product and experiencing growing pains) and I'm happy to do business with them today and in the future. They really are trying to make this right.

Many times we see a website with "Out of Stock" and it's not that big of a deal cuz we don't know what's going on behind the scenes; when they're back in stock, they're back in stock. With these group buys, I think we see just how hairy the manufacturing process can be. Bill Alexander warned me about this. He said first something comes in late, and then you discover it came in wrong.

Anyway, we're still gonna offer best deals we can on quality product for forum members. I can see it's best to privately fund more of these so that it's more of a retail situation where product just shows up and is on the shelves and ready to go, rather than making you guys wait — so we'll work on that.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Les
        Warrior
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
        Dudes, everything is normal here. No payment is being withheld. I need to be invoiced and then I pay. This is all standard practice.

Despite this major screw-up, Faxon is still a solid company in my book (not the first company I've seen putting out a great product and experiencing growing pains) and I'm happy to do business with them today and in the future. They really are trying to make this right.

Many times we see a website with "Out of Stock" and it's not that big of a deal cuz we don't know what's going on behind the scenes; when they're back in stock, they're back in stock. With these group buys, I think we see just how hairy the manufacturing process can be. Bill Alexander warned me about this. He said first something comes in late, and then you discover it came in wrong.

Anyway, we're still gonna offer best deals we can on quality product for forum members. I can see it's best to privately fund more of these so that it's more of a retail situation where product just shows up and is on the shelves and ready to go, rather than making you guys wait — so we'll work on that.
        Agreed, I see this all the time as I'm also in a results oriented industry. I understand the angst with the hive.
        Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post

Thanks for taking the brunt of this storm Harbor Master

Comment

• Ditcher
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

Faxon must be doing something right if they are making barrels for Desert Tech MDR.

Comment

• explorecaves
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Ditcher View Post
              Faxon must be doing something right if they are making barrels for Desert Tech MDR.
              Hey Nathan, please push to make the 6.5 grendel the next conversion option available for the MDR.... I know several here will be first in line to get them...

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                Warrior
                • Nov 2016

Pretty sure I asked desert tech at triggrcon if they were making it in 6.5 Grendel and they said they were working on it already. IWI was trying to "throw shade" as the kids say towards it. From handling it and talking to them first hand. I can tell you 100% I'll buy one eventually. That thing is pretty refined compared to other bull pups. Alot of shooter friendly features.

Didn't know faxon made their pipes

Comment

• Ditcher
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2017

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
                  Pretty sure I asked desert tech at triggrcon if they were making it in 6.5 Grendel and they said they were working on it already. IWI was trying to "throw shade" as the kids say towards it. From handling it and talking to them first hand. I can tell you 100% I'll buy one eventually. That thing is pretty refined compared to other bull pups. Alot of shooter friendly features.

Didn't know faxon made their pipes
                  Last I heard DT took the 6.5G off the table for the MDR as of right now. Think they even removed it from the website.

Comment

• RogueNathan
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Ditcher View Post
                    Faxon cannot confirm or deny our black-label OEM customers unless they have stated publicly they use our barrels.

Those MDR reviews leaking out are showing they shoot well, though!

I'm back from vacation and hitting the ground running. Has everyone from the returned shipments gotten their barrels and the right amount of barrels?
                    The Director at Faxon Firearms.

Please send us an e-mail anytime! Nathan.S@faxonfirearms.com

Comment

• pc299
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2016

Took mine out yesterday and put 250 rounds of Wolf through it. Zero issues once I got the gas tuned properly. I'll post a pic of my build once I get a chance to take one

Comment

• Brickergonomics
                        Unwashed
                        • May 2017

Originally posted by pc299 View Post
                        Took mine out yesterday and put 250 rounds of Wolf through it. Zero issues once I got the gas tuned properly. I'll post a pic of my build once I get a chance to take one
                        How did it run with the gas wide-open? I'm trying to decide if I should get an adjustable gas block for when mine shows up.

Comment

• explorecaves
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Brickergonomics View Post
                          How did it run with the gas wide-open? I'm trying to decide if I should get an adjustable gas block for when mine shows up.
                          Spend money on an adjustable or spend money on various buffers and springs. Your choice where to make the adjustments.

Comment

• TATBME
                            Unwashed
                            • Mar 2017

BFT has Faxon shipped the barrels out yet? Can you give us an ETA on delivery?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Guys, as of this afternoon I've got tracking numbers and shipment is due to me Wednesday by EOD!

NOTE: If any of you guys in TX or FL or elsewhere can't get shipments because of hurricane, email me to hold off shipment.
                              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• bakabone25
                                Warrior
                                • Dec 2016

I know it has been quite a wait, but i for one am excited. This could be one on the most fun builds yet. And if they shoot anywhere close to what i'm thinking they will....well someones gonna be impressed at the deer lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X