Next Faxon SBR/pistol GB length and material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    I think it's going to be 13 7/8" with the LaRue TranQuilo brake, or the Dead Air brake.
    Cool deal thank you.

I was hoping some company had a special extra long flash hider to mount to a barrel that short and make it 16.

Not sure I would want a brake on a barrel that short, heck my 18's or loud as sin with a brake.

Sorry to derail just thought I would ask here.

Carry on gents.

Comment

• AZHTfreak
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

Given the inside n out nitriding, which IMHO negates any wear issues between materials, I don't believe 416R SS vs: 4150 CMV delta flex is in rounding error territory with these shorties...
      DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

I dont think this is what your after but it fits the prescription:

Mine measures 2.9" from muzzle to front. Part of it slips over thats why its not the full length. It was cheap enough i nibbled. Mine was defective and doesnt fit the way its meant to. It measures .7495" ID. IT DOES how ever fit backwards which is longer any way. But its just a blank tube perfect for customizing. Also kinda curious how it will affect groups

This route sounds alot better, looks better etc. (And i bet it actually works as intended.) And is also probably longer, i'd think a 12" or shorter barrel would work.

Anyway hopefully this helps

I think i will defintely buy a couple 13.875's if they come down the pipe.
        And i dont mind the post. Im sure no one else does. This might be the perfect place for it.

And i just realized these are 1/2x28 ..
        Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 07-28-2018, 01:11 AM. Reason: never mind maybe that is extactly what your after... missed last two.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

And theres this as well https://www.masterofarms.com/index.p...posop7volusfh2
          I talked to them today, so the deal is this is a "MUZZLE DEVICE" if you want you can register the sleeve thus making it a silencer. Kinda cool. It is Ti though so couldnt really weld it.

Comment

• mdewitt71
            Warrior
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by mat View Post
            I'd really like to see another 11.5-12.5 group buy. I missed the first two.
            Originally posted by sagillman View Post
            this!
            I agree...... I would be interested in a 10 to 12.5" barrel as well.
            ― George Orwell

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

Okay, I'm a jerk I guess. I've been prowling here wondering how a 14.5 beats out the 12" class for SBR/Pistol builds. Somebody make it make sense... Help. Cause, I can't understand the desire to pin and weld... that loss of 1.5 inches seems like a lot of ado about nothing! I know, I'm dumb. Save me.
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                Okay, I'm a jerk I guess. I've been prowling here wondering how a 14.5 beats out the 12" class for SBR/Pistol builds. Somebody make it make sense... Help. Cause, I can't understand the desire to pin and weld... that loss of 1.5 inches seems like a lot of ado about nothing! I know, I'm dumb. Save me.
                You don't need to build it into a pistol, and have full assortment choice of any stock option on the market if you pin and weld to bring it to 16".

That's my plan for getting another barrel for my LaRue Stealth 2.0 so it won't be that long with the TranQuilo suppressor.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

Yeah so its basically a work around to make what would normally be considered a SBR/pistol into a regular carbine without extra paperwork. Theres getting to be so many good pistol brace options im not really swayed either. But to each their own i love options even if i dont use them.

Comment

• Bigs28
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2016

Considering the overall cost of my rifle, another $200 (even though i don't agree with it) for the tax stamp is worth it to not have to worry and just put whatever i want on it.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
                      Considering the overall cost of my rifle, another $200 (even though i don't agree with it) for the tax stamp is worth it to not have to worry and just put whatever i want on it.
                      When you go SBR, you incur a number of penalties in addition to waiting for the Form 1 to clear.

If you look at the Form 1, it specifies what caliber/gauge for the firearm, barrel length, and overall length.

If you want to travel across State lines, you have to submit an ATF Form 5320.20 and wait for approval, which can take 4-8 weeks.

Or you can just own a pistol, and treat it like any other pistol would be treated in a legal context.

Another issue is that many States restrict carrying of loaded rifles inside the compartment of your vehicle where you would have access to them, and mandate that you drive with the rifle and ammunition in locked containers out of reach. This still applies if you have a CCW or CFP.

With a pistol, again, it's a pistol.

What kept me away from the early braces like the Sig Brace was that it looked like someone took the bucket from a backhoe and rigged it somehow onto an AR15 RET.

The Maxim PDW and SB Tactical braces look like something off an MP5A3.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Les
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                        When you go SBR, you incur a number of penalties in addition to waiting for the Form 1 to clear.

If you look at the Form 1, it specifies what caliber/gauge for the firearm, barrel length, and overall length.

If you want to travel across State lines, you have to submit an ATF Form 5320.20 and wait for approval, which can take 4-8 weeks.

Or you can just own a pistol, and treat it like any other pistol would be treated in a legal context.

Another issue is that many States restrict carrying of loaded rifles inside the compartment of your vehicle where you would have access to them, and mandate that you drive with the rifle and ammunition in locked containers out of reach. This still applies if you have a CCW or CFP.

With a pistol, again, it's a pistol.

What kept me away from the early braces like the Sig Brace was that it looked like someone took the bucket from a backhoe and rigged it somehow onto an AR15 RET.

The Maxim PDW and SB Tactical braces look like something off an MP5A3.
                        Yup, with the new pistol braces makes no sense to sbr anything. I was poised to sbr my 12.7 until I laid eyes on the Maxim. YMMV
                        Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• am4966
                          Chieftain
                          • Jul 2014

12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                          Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• rommeld
                            Unwashed
                            • Aug 2016

So does anyone have the ear of BFT? is this possible? I would really like to have this in the 13.7,13.8ish, and seems to be decent interest.

Comment

• worthen86ford
                              Warrior
                              • May 2016

I have a 12.625 MI Mlok rail just waiting to snowball into another build. 13.7-14.5 is good with me.

Comment

• jeremiah
                                Unwashed
                                • Sep 2017

I'd be happy to buy in for at least one of any of these lengths, although the 11.5" seems weird to me. 416 SS with a QPQ/Nitride finish would be rad.

Comment

Working...
                                X