Any interest in a 6mm AR barrel group buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huckleberry75
    Warrior
    • Jun 2018

Any interest in a 6mm AR barrel group buy?

Is there any interest in a 6mm AR/ 6 grendel barrel group buy? I have been looking for good options for an 18" rifle gas in 8 or 9 tw, and got to thinking that surely I am not the only guy looking. Thoughts?
  • Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

Looking also got some extra parts laying around and have the brass. So why not.

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

There is no SAAMI spec for whatever you want to call it, but BHWs throat should mirror the 264 LBC which was designed around 123 SMKs. I'm hoping that translates into good performance with 95 gr SMKs and reports are that it will. I'd at least have my 18" 1:8 middie broken in by now if the Libtards hadn't closed down all of the county ranges. Hoping to find a decent spot in the National Forest to give it a try Sunday. Hopefully I freak out some local libtards and Denverites - they asked for it.
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

HBerry what are you thinking? BHW or some other? and... 18"? most of the ones I see (window-shopping) are 20"... Don't know if I would have a pref or not, maybe might lean more to a 20"-er... Don't think I would want to get into any "R+2's" or longer ones...

Edit: FWIW, R Johnson on the BHW 6mmAR reloading page says <20" is not good.
        "#5 As far as barrel length, below 20" is not advisable. Velocity loss is more than acceptable. 24" barrels and light bullets will run at 22-250 velocity."
        Read more: http://blackholeweaponry.proboards.c...#ixzz5LH4ND8BE
        Last edited by grayfox; 07-14-2018, 11:25 PM.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

20" would be the minimum for me actually thinking about something longer in that caliber also.

Comment

• hill37
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

Could someone set up a poll as to what type: plain neck down or Improved chamber, barrel material, profile and length and other details ? Then we would have something specific to ask for.

Comment

• Huckleberry75
              Warrior
              • Jun 2018

I am planning to run 70-85gn pills for varmints, and prefer to keep things around 18-20" before I add 6" of suppressor. I may be better off just ordering a barrel, but thought I would see if there was enough interest from others to warrant the efforts of a GB.

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

I have been suggesting this chambering for a while for a group buy.
                I would get one if there was a group buy.

Comment

• Popeye212
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2018

I would also

Comment

• hill37
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2017

Call for Frontier Gear!

Comment

• StoneHendge
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2016

Well someone should call BHW/Columbia River Arms.Biggest problem would be figuring out what twist rate would make everyone happy.
                      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Huckleberry75
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2018

I spoke with PF and they recommended 8tw, which makes sense to me. It should stabilize about anything that would fit in the mag length.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2016

Originally posted by Huckleberry75 View Post
                          I spoke with PF and they recommended 8tw, which makes sense to me. It should stabilize about anything that would fit in the mag length.
                          There are too many bullet options to have a one size fits all twist. 1:8 isn't fast enough for 105 Hybrids.

Screenshot_20180716-223948_crop_533x528.jpg

Conversely, I have great success at long range with 70 gr NBTVs in 6x45 with 1:10. 1:9 would probably be okay, but I wouldn't want to spin a thin jacketed varmint bullet any faster than that. It'll hold together but accuracy will suffer getting out past a few hundred yards.
                          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• JASmith
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2014

shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• hill37
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

Columbia River uses the .125 bolt face don't they?

Comment

Working...
                              X